Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

troyer package question

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 04:27 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default troyer package question

I was wondering how hard it was to put on the troyer set up? I would have someone put the exhaust on for me, but how bout the air box and the programmer, is it just a plug in type? Also wondered if it was something that stayed plugged in, or you plug it in, select the program you want, then unplug it.

Seems like its def. worth getting it, and I hope that if I decide to get it I will be extremely happy and really notice a difference!!

Thanks
Old 03-26-2008, 05:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes you can install the exhaust, intake, and plug your own tuner into your truck and down load the tunes. The tuner is a hand held devise that you simply plug into your truck under the dash, download which program you want, and unplug the tuner when your done. Its very easy and it takes you through the steps so you don't have to guess on what to do; it's a step by step process that only takes a few minutes. Contact Troyer Performance he had some good deals on Roush exhaust systems and of course they can set you up with the tuner and intake system.
Old 03-26-2008, 05:54 PM

I just emailed troyer about a setup and let them know that I needed to get different things at different times because i did not have funds to get all at once. They emailed back and said to get programmer first. I would see more with it than i would anything. Than due the cai, which i am going to try the gotts mod, then do exhaust.. He said the enigne would not have to be tuned any different with different exhaust as long as i went with a descent exhaust like magnaflow,mbrp, rousch.. so I am gonna get tuner in about 2 or 3 weeks, and yeap i know there is a waiting list for tunes but somethings are worth waiting for.
Old 03-26-2008, 05:56 PM

Very good CONGRATS!
Old 03-27-2008, 02:32 AM
Inaugural TOTM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Troyer is awesome to work with, their customer service is second to none. I have had my Troyer tunes on my truck for going on a year now and love them. They are definitely something worth waiting on, just don't get impatient.

Quick Reply: troyer package question