Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

tones from dash

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 08:59 AM
hummmmm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tones from dash

Ok I think its the airbag warning tones, but does the airbag even have tones? After I got my bypass for my pioneer done I got an airbag light, and then the guys said the wire harness going to the passenger light above the radio unit was messed up, so they fixed it and airbag light on the dash gauges went off, but now after approx 1 min after start up I get 5 beeps beep---beep---beep etc.. then a pause-------- beep---beep and so on for 4 or 5 times, annoying as ****. Ok so after approx 45mins-1hr it will do it again if im driving somewhere far otherwise it does it on every start-up...

1 thing I did notice is the passenger light above the radio unit will come on it someone is in the passenger seat with no seatbelt the light will come on and stay on until they put on their seatbelt before, but NOT ANYMORE, I havent even seen that light flicker once since the mod to the radio, is this the problem? Harness maybe frucked up? The beeps are killin me...

any help would be great, I dont want to take it to the dealer if I dont have to, but if I need to get the system reset or something I guess I can just really dont want to, please advise.....
Old 12-06-2008, 09:02 AM
hummmmm

Also the harness the original radio was stolen long before I bought the truck. And when the stereo place did the bypass the pins were pulled out of the little harness going to the passenger airbag light above the radio, obviously they did that I didnt have any problems before.... So the pins were put back in and now we have tones but no airbag light on the dash which is good, but no Passenger airbag light above the radio which is bad.
Old 12-06-2008, 09:06 AM
FULL BLOODED AMERICAN!!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pull the radio surround off and see if the passenger airbag wiring harness is plugged into the passenger light above the radio. That should solve the light problem but as far as the warning beeping, it's going to do that because the factory settings on the computer are programmed to make you alert when the airbags are tampered with.
Old 12-06-2008, 09:18 AM
hummmmm

Originally Posted by Triton v8
Pull the radio surround off and see if the passenger airbag wiring harness is plugged into the passenger light above the radio. That should solve the light problem but as far as the warning beeping, it's going to do that because the factory settings on the computer are programmed to make you alert when the airbags are tampered with.
Ok cool, the light is plugged it, before it wasnt and gave me the dash light on the gauge cluster, i actually saw it get plugged in.

As for the warning tones, I take it I need to go to the dealer to get them reset or something?
Old 12-06-2008, 11:19 AM
hummmmm

no one else with any inputs?
Old 12-06-2008, 08:05 PM

Is it possiable to disconnect the battery for 30 minutes--while this reset the computer??
Old 12-06-2008, 09:27 PM
hummmmm

Originally Posted by asswipe
Is it possiable to disconnect the battery for 30 minutes--while this reset the computer??
I believe the airbags is on a seperate system/battery incase of problems but not 100%. Its worth a shot but that usually just resets the ECU.
Old 12-08-2008, 08:03 PM
hummmmm

anyone else? I hate to take my truck to the dealer...
Old 02-07-2009, 01:47 PM
The New Guy

the airbags have their own batteries built in but when battery is disconected for 30-1hour they lithium batterieds will run down and reset try that
Old 01-09-2013, 04:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the same problem you had after I installed my pioneer radio. Did you ever find out what it was

Quick Reply: tones from dash