Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Tire pressure monitor fault

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 10:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire pressure monitor fault

I got new tires and now i have a tire pressure monitor fault. How do I fix it.
Old 07-08-2009, 01:16 PM

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

take tpms out of old wheels and put in new. if you just got new tires, the shop prob screwed em up.
Old 07-08-2009, 01:31 PM
Its a Canes Thing.

sorta thing happend to me. they busted my original sensor and tried to super glue it back together. said F that and told em to replace it sensor was on for a while but just needed to be reset
Old 07-08-2009, 05:18 PM

TMPS is rediculously complicated. every time you move your tires around the sensors needs to be reprogramed, this is usualy done with a programing tool. the service center should have on hand. some systems you need to put into a programming mode and then you need to let the air out of the tire untill the horn chirps and continue in a spesific pattern. you could have a faulty sensor that needs to be replaced. you could have a broken sensor too. tire shops are notorious for breaking sensors. they may not have told you. so I would go to the tire shop and make them fix it. point being I assume it worked when you went in, and now its not.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:37 PM
none.

Received 98 Likes on 78 Posts

did you JUST get tires? on the existing rims? if so, its not a surprise. happened to my moms escape when i get tires put on it...i pressed reset on the info center buttons and thats it!
Old 09-29-2009, 10:59 AM

Question Tire Pressure Monitoring Tool

I have a 2008 F-150 4X4 Supercrew Lariat, I bought it new last year. In the owners manual on page 232, it says "A special reset tool has been provided with your vehicle to reset the TMPS after tire rotation."
Did anyone get one with their truck, or am I the only one that didn't get one? The manual also says, "If you find that the reset tool was not provided when delivered, contact the dealer to obtain a replacement."
I have asked the dealer that I bought it from, repeatedly, about it and I
still DON'T have one. I have shown them the owners manual, and each
time they act like that is the first time they have ever seen it.
Ford knows they didn't supply the reset tool, otherwise why would they
put that statement in there about "finding it wasn't provided when
delivered
."

Last edited by Laser; 09-29-2009 at 11:22 AM. Reason: indentions
Old 09-29-2009, 11:30 AM
Mark

Received 2,422 Likes on 2,121 Posts

Originally Posted by kifels
TMPS is rediculously complicated. every time you move your tires around the sensors needs to be reprogramed, this is usualy done with a programing tool. the service center should have on hand. some systems you need to put into a programming mode and then you need to let the air out of the tire untill the horn chirps and continue in a spesific pattern. you could have a faulty sensor that needs to be replaced. you could have a broken sensor too. tire shops are notorious for breaking sensors. they may not have told you. so I would go to the tire shop and make them fix it. point being I assume it worked when you went in, and now its not.
NOT TRUE....I rotate mine all the time and have not done that once...I even had all the sensors removed from my stock wheels and put onto new one's and never had to do that.

Quick Reply: Tire pressure monitor fault