Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Ticking is gone!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 11:15 AM
DIY

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Talking Ticking is gone!!!!

So, yes, that is part of the good news....

All started a few days ago, towing the boat, when I felt like the engine was having some unusual hiccups while cruising in the highway.
I thought to wait for the weekend, but the engine decided to call the shoot first. Edge reported, engine misfire cylinder 8.
Ok, no panic, either spark plug, coil, or injector.
Removed the coil, arrived to the spark plug, is a champion I installed, so I spray just a little bit of penetrating oil, wait a few minutes and removed with no problem.
Then I saw this:

Well, I have two spark plugs with me always for emergency, I replaced it and the problem was fixed. And suprise to me, the tick tick tick that was starting to get me crazy at mc Donald's, and maybe the broken manifold, or the lifters, wasn't any of that, it was just that spark plug.

Netherless say, bad news is that the spark plug loss the tip which is not good, but at least I didn't had any problem to remove it and it went out in one piece. It had been only 40,000 miles since the last spark plug change. I will get another set of spark plugs and replace them all to be safe. Maybe they won't last 100,000 miles as expected. I will consider them to be changed every 30,000 miles

Last edited by picaflor; 03-25-2013 at 11:21 AM.

Quick Reply: Ticking is gone!!!!