Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

suspension

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 08:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Angry suspension

okay so i bought a truck about a month ago and the ther day i went to go hook up my 24 foot box trailer to help someone move. when we got to his house i unhookeed it to go get some breakfast. when we got back we loaded up then hooked it back up. problem is the truck had been lowered 2 inches in the back to level the truck. the tires tucked up too tight. so i went to my tire guy and he said it sat down so far it pinched the dual pipes coming over the rear end and broke two hangers. when i went out there to look at it i noticed that it was missing two leaf springs. that is how the guy lowered it. whats the best way to get my strength back but still have it ride level and look good?
Old 08-09-2010, 09:29 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I think lowered trucks use drop shackles to gain the lowering in the rear. This maintains the factory pack, just changes its mounting location to gain the height difference. But I don't own a lowered truck so someone w/ one would probably know more.
Old 08-09-2010, 02:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah i have always had lifted 4x4s but i got a good deal on this so idk what to do in this situation

Quick Reply: suspension