Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Supercharger and ECU Programming

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 05:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Supercharger and ECU Programming

Here is the scenario: Installed Magnacharger kit on 2005 FX4 5.4L with 50K miles on it and installed the software that came with the kit. Driveability issues include a noticeable stumble right off idle and what feels like the converter is locked when decelerating which when it disengages is very noticeable. Reloaded stock ECU program and all issues went away. Does anyone have a good fuel map to load in the ECU for a supercharger? I am using an SCT X3 programmer. So far no help from Magnacharger.
Old 11-18-2009, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by murgas1
Here is the scenario: Installed Magnacharger kit on 2005 FX4 5.4L with 50K miles on it and installed the software that came with the kit. Driveability issues include a noticeable stumble right off idle and what feels like the converter is locked when decelerating which when it disengages is very noticeable. Reloaded stock ECU program and all issues went away. Does anyone have a good fuel map to load in the ECU for a supercharger? I am using an SCT X3 programmer. So far no help from Magnacharger.

your truck is running with a blower and the stock PCM map? If so yike.

You need a new tune.. Im running the same kit btw.
Old 11-18-2009, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Cali_Screw
your truck is running with a blower and the stock PCM map? If so yike.

You need a new tune.. Im running the same kit btw.
The truck seems to run fine on the stock tune although I haven't been into the boost much. I only re-installed the stock program to prove out the theory regarding the driveability issues. Have you modified your program as it came from Magnacharger?
Old 11-18-2009, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by murgas1
The truck seems to run fine on the stock tune although I haven't been into the boost much. I only re-installed the stock program to prove out the theory regarding the driveability issues. Have you modified your program as it came from Magnacharger?

im still running my tune that came with the truck, i will admit it isnt that great, but i haven't found any one locally able to tune it correct.
Old 11-18-2009, 06:02 PM
I WANNA GO FAST!

ship the tuner out and get a custom one to your application.
i dont know any links off the top of my head for such a thing but i know it exists.

Quick Reply: Supercharger and ECU Programming