Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Stock sub

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2013, 03:34 PM
Tg2Fx4

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Stock sub

A couple days ago my stock subwoofer just stopped working. The music was playing and the sub just quit on me, i checked my fuse box and the fuse was fine. Has this happened to anybody else?
Old 10-15-2014, 08:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Digging through old posts, were you ever able to figure out what was wrong? The sub in my truck seems to have a mind of it's own. Sometimes it wont work at all and other times it works like a champ. Anyone have any suggestions?
Old 10-15-2014, 03:20 PM
Mark

Received 2,417 Likes on 2,118 Posts

the speaker or the amp ... one of the two
Old 10-20-2014, 09:37 PM
Tg2Fx4

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I couldn't figure out what was wrong, I'm pretty sure the amp on mine was shot. I just put a whole new custom system in it and it sounds 10 times better if you're willing to shell out the money
Old 10-20-2014, 11:15 PM

Received 264 Likes on 214 Posts

Since this old thread was dug up, I picked up a stock amp and sub from a junk yard that I am putting in my truck. It has the stock 5 pin plug on the amp, does anyone have the schematics for the correct connection to an aftermarket double din? I know 2 (not sure which two) would be connected to RCA ends for the back of the radio, 1 (hopefully black wire is ground), and the other 2 would be constant and remote power. I just don't know which are which and with all the experience on this site, I cant be the first doing this. Thanks for any help.
Tom
Old 10-21-2014, 08:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vintageman
Since this old thread was dug up, I picked up a stock amp and sub from a junk yard that I am putting in my truck. It has the stock 5 pin plug on the amp, does anyone have the schematics for the correct connection to an aftermarket double din? I know 2 (not sure which two) would be connected to RCA ends for the back of the radio, 1 (hopefully black wire is ground), and the other 2 would be constant and remote power. I just don't know which are which and with all the experience on this site, I cant be the first doing this. Thanks for any help.
Tom

Is your truck already wired for the sub or do you need to wire it in yourself? To my knowledge most of the trucks were wired from factory and you just needed to add that option when you bough it. Adding the sub with an aftermarket head unit should be simple if the truck is already wired.
Old 10-21-2014, 08:44 PM

Received 264 Likes on 214 Posts

No, its not already wired. I pulled out the back seat to see if the cable was tucked in, it wasn't. Any advise on the wiring with which wires do what from my post above?
Thanks for any assistance
Tom

Quick Reply: Stock sub