Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Stock fender flares off... now for the plastic parts

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2014, 09:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock fender flares off... now for the plastic parts

Ok guys, I know i can rely on any and all of you for the debacle i'm in. so i removed my fender flares (the stock black ones) and the black trim pieces underneath on my 05 fx4. i painted and trimmed them and they look AWESOME. so i go to the dealership today to get the plastic push rivets to put back in. i need 27 of them. the dealership wanted to charge me $3.96 EACH! obviously i cant justify spending 4 dollars on a plastic piece of crap that is barely an ounce. been looking online but for most of the parts that come up, actual rivets are shown, so i'm not taking my chances. found them on ebay....$7.25 each, so that's a no-go. has anybody run into this problem? i KNOW somebody on here has at least taken their fenders off, and reinstalled them. the part number is W708888-SAB.
Old 11-04-2014, 10:20 PM

Received 97 Likes on 96 Posts

Some auto parts stores carry nylon push rivets. I know O'reilly does. Maybe you can find some to fit?
Old 11-04-2014, 11:14 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Jeez where do they come up with those prices. I painted my flares in bedliner not to long ago and replaced the fasteners with new ones from autozone. I forget what they call them but it comes in small box of them and they sell them on those rotating racks in the store haha hope this helps!

Quick Reply: Stock fender flares off... now for the plastic parts