Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Still not fixed

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 06:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Still not fixed

I have a 2007 screw with the 5.4. After it warms up and I start to slow down to stop it starts rattling bad like its gone cut off. It does it for a second and then stops. I took it to a shop a few months ago and they said its something in the motor and they would have to pull the motor out and take it apart to find the problem. I bring it home and find something else to drive till I can save up the money and get it fixed. Fast forward a few months I take it to a dealer the look at it and say the motor is fine but my transmission is going out and I need another one. So I get another transmission and get it installed and its doing the same thing. No check engine light just acts like it wants to cut off when I start coming to a stop. Any ideas any body else has this problem? Any help would be appreciated.
Old 01-21-2013, 06:51 PM

Received 190 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by timothyroland
I have a 2007 screw with the 5.4. After it warms up and I start to slow down to stop it starts rattling bad like its gone cut off. It does it for a second and then stops. I took it to a shop a few months ago and they said its something in the motor and they would have to pull the motor out and take it apart to find the problem. I bring it home and find something else to drive till I can save up the money and get it fixed. Fast forward a few months I take it to a dealer the look at it and say the motor is fine but my transmission is going out and I need another one. So I get another transmission and get it installed and its doing the same thing. No check engine light just acts like it wants to cut off when I start coming to a stop. Any ideas any body else has this problem? Any help would be appreciated.
Do you have a tuner and have the idle rev changed? Mine has tried to shut off in reverse because of my tune.
Old 01-21-2013, 07:01 PM

No it's stock. It idles fine and shifts good. It only does it when I'm slowing down.
Old 01-21-2013, 07:05 PM
Ford Noob!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mine use to act like it wanted to die at idle and occasionally died in reverse. I cleaned the MAF sensor, replaced the half missing foam on the bottom of the air filter tray, replaced the battery and did the idle relearn procedure and it solved it. Don't know which one fixed it cause I did all at once, but it solved my idle problem.
Old 01-21-2013, 07:14 PM

I'll try cleaning the maf. I'm just so irritated I'm about ready to set a match to it and watch it burn.
Old 01-21-2013, 07:17 PM

Received 190 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by illicit
Mine use to act like it wanted to die at idle and occasionally died in reverse. I cleaned the MAF sensor, replaced the half missing foam on the bottom of the air filter tray, replaced the battery and did the idle relearn procedure and it solved it. Don't know which one fixed it cause I did all at once, but it solved my idle problem.
Hmm maybe i should look at the MAF as well
Old 01-21-2013, 09:29 PM

Does anybody know of a coil pack going out could cause this? Or maybe a plug? I'm lost here and just want my truck running like its suppose to.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:36 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Try cleaning your throttle body, change the fuel filter. Both of thease will cause a stall.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:42 PM

I changed the fuel filter when it started a few months ago. I'll try the other to hopefully that will fix it.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:29 PM

Received 55 Likes on 53 Posts

Couple things come to mind.... Throttle body... Clean it and disconnect battery to let it relearn idle trim, and also check the FPDM ( fuel pump delivery module), They corrode really bad and cause havoc.

Quick Reply: Still not fixed