Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

sticky fuel guage

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 05:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sticky fuel guage

this has happened to me twice since i bought the truck befor x mas when i fill the truck the guage stays where it was and takes about 30km of driving for it to read full again. any ideas wtf
Old 02-10-2011, 10:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine does the same thing.If you look it up , I think there is a TSB out for erratic fuel gauge operation.
Scott
Old 02-11-2011, 08:12 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

my fuel guage is very inaccurate. Mine will say its its suckin fumes, but when i fill it up it will only take around 19 gallons to fill it up. With a 27 gallon tank , with guage hand in between empty and a quarter tank. I should have around 4 gallons left not 8 gallons. That 4 gallons could get another day or two untill payday. I guess it better to have more gas than what the guage says instead of the other way around.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:52 AM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by richiepooley
this has happened to me twice since i bought the truck befor x mas when i fill the truck the guage stays where it was and takes about 30km of driving for it to read full again. any ideas wtf

If you normally fill up at a station which is not level-that would explain it. The manual for my 08 explains different situations where the guage will read erratic after adding fuel. Unlevel ground is one of them. My 03 Explorer was worse. I was almost on empty once but left the truck running because it was cold as h%&@ while I fueled up. After filling up I got in the truck and the guage still showed almost empty. I knew it was filled but the bell kept sounding-drove me crazy. Upon reading the manual-it said that leaving the key in "run" position was not a good idea.

Quick Reply: sticky fuel guage