Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Squeaky Window

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 08:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Squeaky Window

my driver side window squeaks like crazy when it goes up and down and i cant figure out how to fix it. i took off the door panel and sprayed and greased the hell out of everything and it helped a little but not much. i dont know if its on the inside or if its those horizontal rubber strips that keep water from getting in. any help would be appreciated. thanks
Old 07-08-2010, 10:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My passenger window did the same thing. I sprayed some wd40 on the plastic cable pullys inside the door panel. It works whisper quite now!
Old 07-08-2010, 11:42 PM
Something

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

Your answer will probably be either what firefighter said or it will be the thick black rubber weather stripping all around the window that you were talking about. Sometimes it can come a little loose, or it can warp sometimes too. My 5.4 is used and the passenger side looks like the stripping was pulled off and replaced and when replaced it was not seated correctly. That window used to travel upward real slowly but I worked at it and now it is OK. You might want to play around with it and giggle it to re-seat it all the way.
Old 07-09-2010, 02:22 AM

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by FordMan41
my driver side window squeaks like crazy when it goes up and down and i cant figure out how to fix it. i took off the door panel and sprayed and greased the hell out of everything and it helped a little but not much. i dont know if its on the inside or if its those horizontal rubber strips that keep water from getting in. any help would be appreciated. thanks
I have the same problem with my drivers side door except mine only sqeaks when it's going up for some reason. I always thought it was the window tint that didn't like the rubber stripping. I might have to look into it further after hearing you have the same problem. If I find anything, I'll let you know.
Old 07-09-2010, 02:31 AM

Smile Me too me too

I have the dreaded drivers side window squeek too. Please post any updates or repairs
Old 07-09-2010, 10:24 PM

Try WD 40 in the window tracks and wipe excess off. Works for me...
Old 07-10-2010, 01:40 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Same here, driver side window only on the way up. Going to try the wd-40 see how it works!

Quick Reply: Squeaky Window