Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Spark Plugs

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 09:50 PM
Little Whitey

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Spark Plugs

Well just finished up the spark plug change on my 06 with 117400 miles. All I gotta say is what a real PITA. Started on the drivers side of the engine and pulled 5 and 6 out without any problems. Then 7 broke off and so did 8. Spent maybe 30 mins trying to get plug 7 out. Got the porcelin out and then the electrode with the help of the Lisle extration tool. Then I moved onto plug 8 and got the porcelin out but left the electrode. Spent 2 hours trying to get the bottom electrode out. Figured it was best I leave it be and do the other side and come back to it. Well plugs 1, 2, and 3 broke so needless to say I was really . Figured plug 4 was going to be just as bad. But for some reason that one came out in one piece. Well now everything is back together after I spent another 2 hours getting the electrode in cylinder 8 out. All I gotta say is I hope these plugs last another 100k miles or I get rid of the truck before then so I dont have to deal with it again. But on a lighter note, truck runs like its brand new! Just puts a big smile on my face! Thanks to all who had posted in the sticky about this subject and to the TSB provided. Helped out tremendiously.

Quick Reply: Spark Plugs