Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

So Confused...

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 03:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So Confused...

I'm confused, it says in many threads that the edge evo will not work with our year truck if you have a cold air intake. My problem is this when i read through other members builds it says right there that they have a CAI and an edge evo, that leads me to believe they will work together. Are these people just leaving the chip on stock settings or have they done something I'm not aware of. Please i really would like to get a chip but the more i read the more I don't know what to get. I know gryphon is a popular choice but there are others. Also could people with the SCT chips tell me which one they got specifically there are several.
Old 07-22-2010, 03:58 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I had the Edge Evo originally. You can run a CAI on it. It will work w/ it, but it isnt optimized to work with it. I have switched to the SCT SF3 a few months ago because I eventually planned on getting custom tunes (next few wks I will) and the Evo doesnt support that. I am overly esctatic w/ the SCT thus far (just posted a thread about my recent thoughts after using it for a few months). I say get the CAI kit you want, then get the Tuner you want. One thing you can get to compensate for the CAI, is a Diablo MAFia. I had that on my truck (still do in fact) to make up for the voltage change the CAI throws at the factory MAF. The Diablo is plug and play and is worth the price in my opinion. It really opened up the full potential of my Evo after putting it on.
Old 07-22-2010, 06:43 PM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I am running a CAI and an Evo, works fine on my truck.
Old 07-25-2010, 05:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info Ill look into the MAFia

Quick Reply: So Confused...