Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

SIDO Exhaust with tucked tips pre-install questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2017, 08:31 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default SIDO Exhaust with tucked tips

I picked up a dual exhaust kit off Ebay which will be delivered today to use as a starting point towards this:

I have Pacesetter mid-tubes, new cats, stock Y pipe, and Dynomax race bullet into the stock tail section right now. I will be running new pipe from the bullet to a Thrush SI/DO chambered muffler, into the dual pipes shown.

I want something that sounds aggressive without shaking the house when I leave for work in the mornings, so thats why I am using the dual mufflers- the bullet will act as a resonator being a straight through louvered muffler.

Has anyone installed a kit like this? Any advice to make it go smoother? I have additional pipes and bends to modify the kit to tuck the tips at the corners of the bed.

and of course

I will take plenty when installing.

Last edited by Scobyn; 05-17-2017 at 09:30 PM.
Old 05-04-2017, 09:20 AM

I opened and test fit the kit last night and realized it is actually 2.5". Not 2.25 like the auction states. My muffler is a dual out 2.5, so not a huge deal, but my tips and mandrel bends are 2.25.
Old 05-16-2017, 11:03 AM

Finally getting back to this. My kids had their yearly dance recital so the in-laws were coming. My wife picked out new furniture and when we took out the old, we found all the nasty scrapes, chips and smudges the old stuff hid. I guess it was time to paint the house, lol. Now the old furniture has made its home in my garage, leaving NO room to work, not that my truck would fit in there anyway...My wife's Escape barely fits.

Last night I planned to get the stock system off, and mount to the resonator and muffler. I only got the stock system off and realized it was midnight, so had to quit for the night. It was fun to start up this morning dumping after the Y pipe
Old 05-17-2017, 07:56 AM

I welded up the mufflers and intermediate pipes last night and installed those. I added a hanger that uses the OEM mufflers front hanger, but i may need to reinforce it a bit, especially after adding the tailpipes.

Very deep growl, and louder than I was hoping for. It also drones a bit but it does dump right out of the muffler before the axle.

Tonight will be the fun part of getting the tails mounted and tips placed.
Old 05-17-2017, 09:29 PM

Drivers side pipe tweaked into position. I reversed the tailpipe and shortened it. This pushed it to the outside of the leaf spring. I then just had to rotate the bend about 10 degrees and add the elbow with tip. I still need to finish the hanger for this pipe. then its on to the passenger. Thats going to require some major adjustments.
Old 05-22-2017, 11:54 PM

Finally have the tailpipes on. They still need to be aligned and then tips added.
Old 05-31-2017, 09:33 AM

Finally got the exhaust finished. Kids, colds, weather, kids, wife, kids, weather...

The tips are not quite as tucked as I hoped for but I am happy over all. Dropping the tips below the bumper also reduced drone to only around 65mph. When the tips were higher it droned pretty annoyingly from 60-75.