Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

shorter stance from worn shocks

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 09:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default shorter stance from worn shocks

I'm mainly just a reader here, looking for answers to my problems but I couldn't find anything to help me so I figured it was a good time to ask. I hadn't noticed how bad my shocks on my truck were until this week when I put my 04 f150 in the shop after someone destroyed my bumper and radiator in a crash. I've been driving my dads older 1 ton Chevy and was suprised how easily and smooth it rode around town compared to the bumpy and jarring ride of my truck. The shocks are the ones off the factory line unless the first owner replaced them with OEM replacements before he sold it at 40,000 miles. Im now at 160,000.

I'm sure the shocks are worn, but something I had wondered while I was shopping around for new ones is, how much is my trucks stance affected by the shocks? I remember when I bought it I leveled with a 2.5 Rancho kit and was able to easily fit 33 inch wheels but when I last replaced the tires it seemed like 33s were a little tight so I had to step down to about a 32.4.

I know that's a load of crap to read, long story short are my worn out shocks responsible for my loss in stance height
Old 01-21-2013, 10:33 PM

Received 55 Likes on 53 Posts

Yes they very well could be.... It would be an awesome time to step up to the adj bilsteins which would replace the level and strut....

Quick Reply: shorter stance from worn shocks