Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Shift knob rotating

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2014, 09:01 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Shift **** rotating

I just recently purchased a 2005 Ford F150 xlt with the 4.2 v6 and 5 speed manual transmission. The truck is in perfect condition and has only 50,000 miles. I am real happy with the truck but noticed one problem.
The manual transmission shift **** is rotating. The **** feels real tight so im not sure how its rotating. I have tried to tighten both the **** and actual stick and both feel tight.

Has anyone else had this problem?
How is the **** attached and is there a way to tighten it?

Thanks for any help
Old 10-07-2019, 06:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shift **** rotating

Did you ever figure this out? I have the same problem with my 2000 xl. The shifter **** and shaft rotate frequently. Its not loose. I can't make it happen myself and I can't stop it when it starts. It normally rotates only a part of one rotation (e.g. a third), so that the shift **** only occasionally is in the correct position. I have no other issues. Can anyone explain what's happening?

Thanks, Steve

Originally Posted by srtruck
I just recently purchased a 2005 Ford F150 xlt with the 4.2 v6 and 5 speed manual transmission. The truck is in perfect condition and has only 50,000 miles. I am real happy with the truck but noticed one problem.
The manual transmission shift **** is rotating. The **** feels real tight so im not sure how its rotating. I have tried to tighten both the **** and actual stick and both feel tight.

Has anyone else had this problem?
How is the **** attached and is there a way to tighten it?

Thanks for any help
Old 10-07-2019, 09:10 AM
LightningRod

Received 643 Likes on 514 Posts

Unhappy

Ole "Struck" has probably wore his truck out and traded it off by now. Last time he even posted on this Forum was Jan 2016. He posted this problem in 2014.

Hope someone can help, but you may be on your own as it seems not many have had the issue if no one answered his problem in 5 years.

Just pranking you Ragout. We've all missed the last post date ourselves. Still wish you the best. (look the guy up in a nursing home! LOL).

Quick Reply: Shift knob rotating