Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

SCT vs EVO

Old 09-27-2007, 10:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SCT vs EVO

Hey everybody, I have a 04 STX with the 4.6L. I bought an EVO about 8 months ago, and its ok, I've had problems with the cord inthe back staying plugged in, but for the most part I've been pleased with it. Now that I've become a member of this forum, I hear about the SCT Tuner. What are the differences b/w the 2? I've read some things on here about them, mainly from NGM, but are they really a better product? I searched for the the "SCT Livewire" earlier, and www.autoanything.com has them listed for around $560. Is it worth the extra money? I dont do alot of hauling, or 4-wheeling, I jus want the most of out my 4.6L as I can get, without resorting to major changes, supercharger, cams and cranks, and etc. What is the best for the buck?
Old 09-27-2007, 11:10 PM
none.

Received 97 Likes on 78 Posts

Ive said it before and will do so again. SCT was founded by a former Ford Powertrain Engineer, he has forgotten more than most tooners will ever know. SCT programming is much more advanced than anyhting else you will find. Its much more than just "more power" yes timing/spark tables are adjusted as are the fuel air curves and depending on the ability of the tuner, fuel/air curves can be tuned within the file itself to be just about dead-on stoichiometric. Also, transmission tuning is refined, convertor locking schedules are refined as are part and WOT shift firmness. That being said, you can call Troyer Performance or VMP tuning and have either Mike or Justin cut you a tune based on exactly what you want. Try that with an Edge Tuner.

As for prices, Justin@VMP is doing tunes for the Livewire for about 550-560ish and also offers a 90* diag. port plug. Im sure Troyer is offering a very similar deal on the Livewire also, if they offer it.
Old 09-28-2007, 07:24 AM
NGM
Resident A-hole

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

I agree with him...I know the EDGE sucks and I know this for a fact...Not just what I have read.
Old 09-29-2007, 07:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you are cost concious go SCT. If you want the most bang for your buck go xcal with tune. Once again, you get what you pay for.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SCT vs EVO