Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Roll bar/ Light bar help

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2010, 10:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Roll bar/ Light bar help

Hey ya'll, I've been trying to find a lightbar for the bed to mount a few kc lights on and have had no luck due to having a flareside bed... seems they only make it for the styleside bed. Anyway, my question is how exactly are these light bars installed? My main question is would I be able to buy one for a regular bed and just cut a few inches off and reweld it to fit the flareside or is the mounting brackets and all that gonna be off? I've googled instructions to install these but with no luck, so I'm hoping one of ya'll have this or something similar and can tell me how they were installed

This is the lightbar I would love to have:
http://www.gorhino.com/products.aspx?id=57
Old 11-26-2010, 10:52 AM
Offshore Poster

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

The one pictured in your link looks like it mounted right on top of the bed rails, so you could cut a section out of the crossmember and reweld it. Any good fab shop could do that. I would imagine the mounts would remain the same since the flareside bed rails are the same as the styleside, just closer together. You could def make it fit. I'd rather have a shop just make a custom bar. I don't know if you have any around you, but around me there are several marine fab shops that make custom T-Tops and hardtops for boats. Their business revolves around fabbing custom aluminum tubular bars. Just a thought...I'm not a fan of that GoRhino bar.

Quick Reply: Roll bar/ Light bar help