Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Remote Start/Battery Issues

Old 10-21-2010, 01:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remote Start/Battery Issues

Ok guys, here is my latest story/dilemma:

About 3 weeks ago I went to get my oil change, and like most places they do a quick inspection. Well they told me that my battery is holding about half a charge. Since I got quite a bit of stereo equipment and new HID headlights then I can understand why it would be draining the battery pretty good. I hadn't done anything about it, however my CURRENT issue is that I just installed a remote start clifford 3.3x car alarm.

Problem 1: Sometimes the remote start won't start up the truck( Fires, but immediately shuts off)

Problem 2: Remote start works, however when I get in and press on the break pedal to insert the key, it shuts off.

Is this a battery problem or faulty alarm?

Thanks guys,

David
Old 10-21-2010, 01:52 PM
poopin.....on this thread

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

sounds like a bad alarm/installer to me.....gosh i hope youre not the installer and no offense to you if you are
Old 10-21-2010, 02:02 PM

Default Alarm

Lol, no I am not the installer, took it to a local shop. Keep the suggestions coming guys!
Old 10-21-2010, 02:04 PM
Mark

Received 2,410 Likes on 2,111 Posts

Not the Batt. Take it back to the shop...make em fix it.
Old 10-21-2010, 04:35 PM
MuthaTruckin' Monster

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mardybum
Ok guys, here is my latest story/dilemma:

About 3 weeks ago I went to get my oil change, and like most places they do a quick inspection. Well they told me that my battery is holding about half a charge. Since I got quite a bit of stereo equipment and new HID headlights then I can understand why it would be draining the battery pretty good. I hadn't done anything about it, however my CURRENT issue is that I just installed a remote start clifford 3.3x car alarm.

Problem 1: Sometimes the remote start won't start up the truck( Fires, but immediately shuts off)

Problem 2: Remote start works, however when I get in and press on the break pedal to insert the key, it shuts off.

Is this a battery problem or faulty alarm?

Thanks guys,

David
The first issue def sounds faulty, but the second issue, if your starter is like others I've had, if you press on the brake (or sometimes the gas depending on how it's set up) it will automatically shut off as a security measure if you have not put the key in the ignition and turned to the "Start" position first. If you press the brake any time before this then you will shut off the truck.

Atleast this is the order that I understood you to be doing from reading your post, although I may have misunderstood you. So make sure you put the key in and turn it to 'start' before hitting any of your pedals.
Old 10-21-2010, 05:28 PM

the problem with it starting and turning off could be with the tac senser conection for the remote start , i had the same problem with mine. i had it fix a few times and ended up haveing it set to run for 15 mins insted!
Old 10-21-2010, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by dre23
The first issue def sounds faulty, but the second issue, if your starter is like others I've had, if you press on the brake (or sometimes the gas depending on how it's set up) it will automatically shut off as a security measure if you have not put the key in the ignition and turned to the "Start" position first. If you press the brake any time before this then you will shut off the truck.

Atleast this is the order that I understood you to be doing from reading your post, although I may have misunderstood you. So make sure you put the key in and turn it to 'start' before hitting any of your pedals.

Yea your exactly right, I didn't realize that was a security feature until they told me when I got there. Failsafe Starter Kill.... Haha, but the first issue still needs to be resolved. Will have to go back to the shop sometime this next week. Thanks gents.

David

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Remote Start/Battery Issues