Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Rear pass window prob.

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2015, 04:20 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Rear pass window prob.

I've read many how to articles and such , about motors regulators and replacing assemblies.
For a week or so my rear passenger window on my 04 lariat was not functioning. Managed to roll down from pass door switch , then wouldn't go back up. With switch in down position the motor turns . In up in clicks and often stops. Or just groans clicks. Took panel off and managed to slide window up, and tape into up position. So that's good.
Noticed some black clips along throttle like cables that were unclipped. When trying to get window up it seems something's catching or obstructing the pathway . Any advice before I pull this whole assembly out? I don't have a great understanding of this system , so I'll have to just poke around it and try to figure out. Then worst case get new assembly. Would be cool if I could just fix it. But after reading around. Likely end up replacing all the power window apparatus.
Also, the rear sliding window has never worked . Since I bought truck with 100k on it. Prob look into that in this process.
Old 09-25-2015, 05:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm assuming the outcome is the same from the front drivers switch to the rear passenger window?

I had a similar but different issue (wouldn't go up, no clicking though), and swapped the switch from the rear drivers side to the rear passenger to confirm the switch was bad; which was the case.

Quick Reply: Rear pass window prob.