Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Ready and looking, South broward!

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2012, 11:59 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Ready and looking, South broward!

Hey guys, I have been researching the spark plug swaps and I am almost ready. I was wondering what else can be done for maintince and mods. Usually people name certain mods that a rookie won't know till hours and hours of confusing reading. Also, who lives near broward county fl that wants to meet and maybe give me a rundown.

I did see a video of a master mechanic who used a impact wrench on reverse to remove the plugs with no breaks. Impact was on a low setting.

Does anyone rent the ford tool out or let me borrow it? I just signed up so I don't expect anyone to really jump out.
Old 09-22-2012, 01:36 PM

Received 103 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by BuYA
Hey guys, I have been researching the spark plug swaps and I am almost ready. I was wondering what else can be done for maintince and mods. Usually people name certain mods that a rookie won't know till hours and hours of confusing reading. Also, who lives near broward county fl that wants to meet and maybe give me a rundown.

I did see a video of a master mechanic who used a impact wrench on reverse to remove the plugs with no breaks. Impact was on a low setting.

Does anyone rent the ford tool out or let me borrow it? I just signed up so I don't expect anyone to really jump out.
I live in the other side of the continent from Florida, so I can't really help you. Check out the spark plug tutorials. I'm actually going to tackle mine today. After this I'll probably sell off my Lisle tool, hoping that I never have to deal with this bulls**t ever again. Damned plugs!

I'd stick with maintenance first before upgrades. Replace all your fluids, particularly transmission (if over 160,000km) and front/rear differentials plus transfer case.
Old 09-23-2012, 11:27 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tradesman
I live in the other side of the continent from Florida, so I can't really help you. Check out the spark plug tutorials. I'm actually going to tackle mine today. After this I'll probably sell off my Lisle tool, hoping that I never have to deal with this bulls**t ever again. Damned plugs!

I'd stick with maintenance first before upgrades. Replace all your fluids, particularly transmission (if over 160,000km) and front/rear differentials plus transfer case.
Bought it from a family friend I trust. I believe he told me he swap fluid on the rear differential, trans, and brakes. I will be looking to do the fuel filter next. Just changed the oil. Air filter looks great still. Coolant might need swapping, I will ask him if that was swapped. Anything else?
Old 09-30-2012, 04:29 PM

Received 103 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by BuYA
Bought it from a family friend I trust. I believe he told me he swap fluid on the rear differential, trans, and brakes. I will be looking to do the fuel filter next. Just changed the oil. Air filter looks great still. Coolant might need swapping, I will ask him if that was swapped. Anything else?
I think it all sounds good then, enjoy your truck! Be sure to check tire wear and tire pressure often.

Quick Reply: Ready and looking, South broward!