Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Rancho Rear Shock Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 11:21 PM

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Rancho Rear Shock Question

I am about to pull the trigger on the Rancho Quick lift set up for all 4 corners to fit the new Raptor OEM take offs I just bought for my 06 FX4. I will also be adding a 1.5" block on the rear.

I have searched the forum and couldn't find the answer to my question, so sorry if I sound redundant. My question is, will the shocks that come with the Quick Lift kit work on the rear? I spoke with a rep from Rancho today and he couldn't guarantee fitment because they technically don't list a shock for a 1.5 to 2 inch rear lift. He did say the shock for the 09 and up is about 1.5 inches longer and should work. Have any of you guys done this set up and what shocks did you go with? Did you order the fronts and rear seperately? I would like to keep everything Rancho so any advice or insight you got would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old 07-07-2012, 05:05 AM

Received 123 Likes on 118 Posts

Stacking rear blocks? so you will have the stock 2" and then you are adding a 1.5" one?? Why not just switch out the factory for a 3" or even get a 4" one to eliminate a problem point? Just curious as to why.

But to answer your question the shocks should work fine.
Old 07-07-2012, 12:24 PM

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 06F150CFCT
Stacking rear blocks? so you will have the stock 2" and then you are adding a 1.5" one?? Why not just switch out the factory for a 3" or even get a 4" one to eliminate a problem point? Just curious as to why.

But to answer your question the shocks should work fine.
I should have been more specific, I will be replacing the factory block. I meant to say adding 1.5 to 2 inches of lift.

Are you talking about the shocks that come with the kit or 09 and up?

Thanks
Old 07-07-2012, 12:57 PM

Received 123 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by 18Steel

I should have been more specific, I will be replacing the factory block. I meant to say adding 1.5 to 2 inches of lift.

Are you talking about the shocks that come with the kit or 09 and up?

Thanks
Ahhh gotcha. 3.5" block? havent heard of that. Anyways I am not sure now about the shocks. I think i have seen it from someone on here but I dont want to give false information. I believe it was a 3" rear block he had from readylift...and had the rancho RS9000XL's...it was an 06 like ours. I would make sure first. I would imagine if you are only adding 1.5", that the shock would have enough extra shaft to accomodate for that, even at full extension.

Quick Reply: Rancho Rear Shock Question