Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Quick Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 01:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick Question

Hi Im not sure were to post this but H had a quick question. Basically what im wanting to do is change the back seat. What I have is a 2005 Lariat extended cab with the 2 piece bench seat in the back. What I was wondering is, if i took bottom portion of the bigger section of the back seat off (behind driver seat). could i install a small section (behind the passenger seat) to the hardware left behind the drivers seat. In other words. I want to make the bench seat in the back into 2 seats with the middle cut out for a center console/sb enclosure. Is that at all possible without making too many changes to the truck. And another thing is I have tan leather interior so would i be able to keep that look going with the 2 seats? Thank you very much. If anyone has any questions please let me know. I know it sounds confusing.
Old 01-19-2013, 02:04 AM

Received 532 Likes on 438 Posts

When you say center console, are you trying to make an arm rest/sub box combo for the middle of the back seat? So your looking to put the smaller passenger side bottom seat cushion on the drivers side?
Old 01-19-2013, 02:11 AM

YES! That makes a lot more since when you said it. Does that sound possible??
Old 01-19-2013, 02:23 AM

Yeah it's definitely possible.
My lariat back seat has a built in arm rest in the back rest. So putting in an arm rest would seem like a waist. So you could swap in a backrest with an arm rest and keep the sub hidden under the seats you already have...
If your looking to put some speakers or something else besides an armrest on the top of this box then I can see it being worth it..

What are your goals in doing this?

Are you trying to put a bunch of subs in or 1 giant sub?
Old 01-19-2013, 02:30 AM

my main goal is to squeeze one 15" in between the seats. Go big or go home.haha. I was going to make a rap around and have it go under the seat and rap around and sit on top of the seat. But for cubic feet purposes and ease of the building process i want to just make one big center console. My truck dosent have the flip down armrest so its just a one piece seat going all the way across. I dont want to loose all use of my back seats thats why i would like to keep it as a 4 seater truck and just loose the middle of the back were no one likes to sit anyway.
Old 01-19-2013, 02:48 AM

Well, I think there will be a good amount of work if your still trying to get the seats to flip up when all is said and done.
I would be more inclined to customize the bigger drivers side seat bottom. Cut it in half and let the magnet sit where the cushion was. Then do a clear to padded armrest that lets you observe the front of sub while enclosed. All this would flow through to the front seats, and in the dividing space I would hide the amps.. This could look pretty sick with some custom fiberglass work to smooth it all together... + you will still be able to utilize storage under both the seats...
You might have to add an extra support to the drivers side rear seat cushion after you cut it, but that can easily be integrated into the side of the box....

Quick Reply: Quick Question