Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Project Pre-Prerunner

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 05:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Project Pre-Prerunner

I love pre runners, my dad has a 2011 Raptor and I love it, but there is two problems, I dont have the money to spend on a long travel suspension and I dont want to sacrifice the 4wd on my truck. I have a 2006 F150 with a 6" BDS lift with 35" BF Goodrich KM2's. Mods that i will add will be,
-Fox Shox all around, OEM replacements
-Deaver Springs (To Eliminate the blocks)
-Camburg F150 1.25" Uniball Upper Arms (Increase strength)

Any other ideas?

I know it wont handle like a raptor or prerunner, or be as floaty, but I want to be close, thus the name Pre-Pre Runner, also does anybody make stronger steering knuckles?
Old 03-26-2011, 05:46 PM
Squishy Heads

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't want to burst your bubble but just putting deavers on and some average fox's with a 6in lift aren't going to get you on the same planet as a PROPER long travel set up, even the raptors aren't a proper long travel. Also they are not pre-runners unless they are PRE RUNNING race courses, which I doubt your dad or you will be doing.

Also Deavers in the back is stupid for your application, the spring can handle the travel BUT NOTHING else back there can, shocks and brake lines to be exact. Deavers have MAD TRAVEL for a leaf spring pack something your truck with a 6in lift isn't capable of without major modifications. They also aren't designed for ANY weight, say good bye to payload and towing capability.

I can go on and on but I wont because there is no point.

Not trying to be harsh but that's the reality of your situation.

WHAT THE HELL! I just saw you live in PA, last time I checked there isn't any sand/desert in PA.

Last edited by bradseabridge; 03-26-2011 at 05:52 PM.
Old 03-26-2011, 06:28 PM

I know it wont handle what a prerunner does, I stated that in my post, I call it a prerunner because what else would you call it? A long travel suspension truck? Thats stupid. Yeah i do live in PA, which is why I dont want to spend the money on long travel, incase you dont know what a plowed field looks like it can be just as bad as a whoops section in a desert, we own fields in PA, we also do trips to the drive on beach in NC so it is justifiable. I was just looking for what else I can add. I also dont tow or haul so I dont care about that, personally I wasnt looking for anyone to tell me what the truck is capable of I know what it is capable of, I drive it, I was just looking for ways to beef up the suspension. and other components.
Old 03-26-2011, 06:50 PM
Squishy Heads

Originally Posted by HighInTheSkyF150

I know it wont handle like a raptor or prerunner, or be as floaty, but I want to be close, thus the name Pre-Pre Runner, also does anybody make stronger steering knuckles?
You know it won't handle anything close to what a real LT truck will but you want it to be close? Makes sense.

What you want to do to your truck will not help you ANY in "whoops" you will destroy your truck, and from the looks of things that sounds like the best course of action.

AND your truck will drive on the beach NOW without any mods, so that argument is moot.

You obviously don't know what it's capable of or you wouldn't have made this thread. I'm done with even talking about this with you, you are obviously some kid who didn't like the TRUTH! To that I say good night waste your money on something stupid, I DON'T CARE!

Also I have lived in PA for 18 years, I know the terrain.

Last edited by bradseabridge; 03-26-2011 at 06:55 PM.
Old 03-26-2011, 07:16 PM

A long travel setup isn't too much work or money if you're willing...
Old 03-26-2011, 07:23 PM

I feel like I would do the long travel from Camburg but I just got the lift done in December so it would just be money wasted. Buying the shox and what not can give me better offroad handling but I know it wont give me any pre runner qualities even though I made it sound that way, sorry if I did.
Old 03-26-2011, 07:27 PM
Squishy Heads

I would go with a Dixon bros, their kits are very streetable.
Old 03-26-2011, 07:42 PM

jd fab also has a kit for the 4x4, so you don't have to sacrifice that. it's pretty much the same geometry as the raptor. though i don't know the terrain in pa, so i can't say that it would be worth your time or money at all
Old 03-26-2011, 07:50 PM

I do like the fact that I could use 4wd with the dixon

Quick Reply: Project Pre-Prerunner