Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Problem with aux input!

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 05:15 PM
Murdered Out f150!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Problem with aux input!

When ever i use my aux input to play my music im only getting sound out of the right speakers. I know its not the cable cause ive tried different ones and the same thing happens. But here is the thing that makes me think it might be broken. Awhile back my girlfriend was really mad at me and jerked the chord out of the hole real fast! It still worked after that happened but then it started messing up. Every now and then it would only play out of the right speakers. Now all it does is play out of the right speakers. Do you guys think its broke? Or is there a bad connection in there? Do you have any troubleshooting tips or how to fix it? Your input is much appreciated. Thanks.
Old 05-30-2012, 06:14 PM

Received 55 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by windham14
When ever i use my aux input to play my music im only getting sound out of the right speakers. I know its not the cable cause ive tried different ones and the same thing happens. But here is the thing that makes me think it might be broken. Awhile back my girlfriend was really mad at me and jerked the chord out of the hole real fast! It still worked after that happened but then it started messing up. Every now and then it would only play out of the right speakers. Now all it does is play out of the right speakers. Do you guys think its broke? Or is there a bad connection in there? Do you have any troubleshooting tips or how to fix it? Your input is much appreciated. Thanks.
It might be broken.... That piece is actually separate from the cable that runs from the radio.....if you could find it that way. You may take the tray out and see if you can take that piece apart.... Or maybe splice into it with a new cable and relocate it by the cigarette lighter...
Old 05-31-2012, 06:20 AM
Mark

Received 2,417 Likes on 2,118 Posts

If thats a pic of your girlfriend...i would just deal with it....
Old 05-31-2012, 06:39 AM
Eat. Sleep. Lift.

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by techrep
If thats a pic of your girlfriend...i would just deal with it....
+1
Old 05-31-2012, 05:37 PM
Murdered Out f150!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

HA i wish lol
Old 05-31-2012, 06:22 PM

Received 68 Likes on 63 Posts
Default ha ha

HA i wish lol

well, since it's not your girlfriend... i think you should get a new one. (cable too)

remember man, the difference between your gf and your truck... you can always change the box on your truck.
Old 05-31-2012, 06:30 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Are you sure the cable is stuck ALL the way in bc I did it to mine when I first got mine and it was quiet with no bass. Then I pushed it down harder and bout blew me eardrums outs.

Quick Reply: Problem with aux input!