Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Predator vs Evolution

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 11:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Predator vs Evolution

From my post before I had just bought the Diablosport Predator and wasn't happy with the fact that I paid $300 for something thats never seen and just sits in a box so that lead me to buy the Edge Evolution. I did a number of comparisons today with both tuners and overall the edge wins.

overall its just a better tune and feel for the truck, even on trans only it shifts and rides better than the predator (I have 35's) when the truck takes off it outright has more power it didn't have the lag that both stock tunes and the diablo had, I felt like the truck wasn't stressing the tires. Stopping felt way better also, the downshifts were much more "useful" and utilized the engine to help slow the truck down. As far as the performance 93 oct for both the edge still felt far superior, faster stronger shifts and less lag, again the truck just felt healthier its sort of hard to explain it was more of just the feeling you get while driving the truck. Lastly the entire reason I bought the evo was for the display and I am 100% happy with the mounting pod and the overall look of the evo. The 4 section display gives far more information than the gauge cluster could even think of (well more accurately) and I am all for knowing what is going on under the hood while driving. The only reason I don't like the evo over the diablo is the fact that they are canned tunes and do not allow other tunes to be downloaded onto it (however power hungry performance solves that issue minus the turn around time). And for the record I did not test either tuner for towing.

Edge:
Tunes - 9
Ease of uses - 10
Appearance - 9
Installation - 8 (it was very easy but some may have a little harder time... maybe)
The tuner as a whole - 9

Diablo:
Tunes - 7
Ease of use - 10
Appearance - 0
Installation - 10
The tuner as a whole - 7

Don't get me wrong the diablo is an excellent product I just felt for the kind of money people are spending on tuners the edge is a better choice. And I would highly suggest not buying the diablo unless you are going to run the performance 93 oct tune, the 87 performance seemed worthless with the exception of being able to alter tire size, speed-limiter, and like wise.

Lastly just keep in mind this is my opinion for what I was looking for out of a tuner just though other people might enjoy the comparison.

Quick Reply: Predator vs Evolution