Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

pics (or thread) for rhino lined bumpers

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 08:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default pics (or thread) for rhino lined bumpers

Washed my truck today and noticed a huge paint chip right smack on the front bumper. My rear bumper is damaged and I already bought a replacement off craigslist. So now Im debating on painting both bumpers (and maybe the rockers) with rhino lining or line-x. I have found a few random threads with a lot of opinions but not many pics. Im also wondering for those who have done this how is the cleaning? I know they have color options also. Any thoughts on that?
Attached Images   
Old 02-02-2011, 11:28 PM
Hill country truck.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pushnf8
Washed my truck today and noticed a huge paint chip right smack on the front bumper. My rear bumper is damaged and I already bought a replacement off craigslist. So now Im debating on painting both bumpers (and maybe the rockers) with rhino lining or line-x. I have found a few random threads with a lot of opinions but not many pics. Im also wondering for those who have done this how is the cleaning? I know they have color options also. Any thoughts on that?
Sorry not much help but I am also wondering the same thing. I wonder of they could do mine in the gold look??? Would that look good on mine??? Or just the black to help black it out????
Attached Thumbnails pics (or thread) for rhino lined bumpers-image-2309023424.jpg  
Old 02-03-2011, 12:27 PM

Line-x is the way to go IMHO. Mine bumpers cost $150 and they provided a perfect pait match. I believe they can do the gold. I also did my steps. Most people think it is paint until they get up close, and it has a great 'wet' look. I just scrub them down when washing and hit it with some spray. Also it has a lifetime warrenty if something does happen.

Name:  DSC05630.jpg
Views: 1927
Size:  127.1 KB

Name:  DSC00778.jpg
Views: 722
Size:  129.6 KB
Old 02-03-2011, 02:01 PM
Hill country truck.

Originally Posted by DeadRed
Line-x is the way to go IMHO. Mine bumpers cost $150 and they provided a perfect pait match. I believe they can do the gold. I also did my steps. Most people think it is paint until they get up close, and it has a great 'wet' look. I just scrub them down when washing and hit it with some spray. Also it has a lifetime warrenty if something does happen.
Hey buddy I have searched to the point of brain explosion lol and can't find those mirror caps like those red ones you have on your mirrors. Where can I find some??? I need some Black ones!
Old 02-03-2011, 07:32 PM

The red looks like a great match. I like the single color better so it may be my best option. Maybe they can do the fender flares too and make it all match. Just sent in an email for a qoute to local shop. I will let you know what they say.
Old 02-04-2011, 05:22 PM

Well got my qoute today. Shop wants $150 per bumper in black and an additional $100 per bumper for color match. $500 to spray the bumpers seems very high to me.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by 04lariattexas
Hey buddy I have searched to the point of brain explosion lol and can't find those mirror caps like those red ones you have on your mirrors. Where can I find some??? I need some Black ones!
Those were just painted. Standard paint prep and PTM paint from automotivetouchup.com
Old 02-09-2011, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by pushnf8
Well got my qoute today. Shop wants $150 per bumper in black and an additional $100 per bumper for color match. $500 to spray the bumpers seems very high to me.
Another person on another board paid 750 for his set. Not sure why mine were so cheap. I do live in a small hick town market.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:55 PM

Do it yourself, with some spray can liner its just for looks and doesn't need to be as tuff as it needs to be for the bed plus if it chips you have the stuff handy and can touch it up yourself just prep the bumpers right and follow instructions IMO
Old 02-10-2011, 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by 04lariattexas
Sorry not much help but I am also wondering the same thing. I wonder of they could do mine in the gold look??? Would that look good on mine??? Or just the black to help black it out????

I have the same color combo on my 05 screw lariat and was thinking of getting all the gold color sprayed with a black liner. I thin it would look awesome. My front bumper needs to be replaced anyway, so I'm thinking of getting an unpainted one and getting it sprayed. To get a front bumper from a local Ford dealer that is painted to match is almost $400 anyway, so why not? Probably won't happen for awhile, though.

Quick Reply: pics (or thread) for rhino lined bumpers