Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Picked up an Edge Evo for $175

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2014, 01:22 PM
Captain Stringer

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Talking Picked up an Edge Evo for $175

Well after the struggle I went through with my last programmer purchase not working out, I hope this does lol. He was asking $250 and took my offer of $175. Comes with the pod...Only issue is he does not have a way to check to see if it will work. However, we discussed it before I purchased the evo and if it does not work, he will refund me in full...no questions asked. Now if this does work I'm pretty sure I got a decent deal.

Here is the listing:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/171261761077?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
MGD and Franchi I'm sure you will be chiming in any time now so hopefully this works out this time haha.
Old 03-13-2014, 04:49 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I bought my Edge from a friend who traded in his 2006 for $100. I believe it should work fine as long as it was set to stock (level 0) before being removed from the previous owner's truck. If it's not set to stock I believe it creates some sort of conflict with the stored hexfile, not exactly sure on that. For some reason mine won't update online when I connect it via USB to my computer, but that might be a Windows 8.1 related issue.
Old 03-13-2014, 04:56 PM
Captain Stringer

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Chad81
I bought my Edge from a friend who traded in his 2006 for $100. I believe it should work fine as long as it was set to stock (level 0) before being removed from the previous owner's truck. If it's not set to stock I believe it creates some sort of conflict with the stored hexfile, not exactly sure on that. For some reason mine won't update online when I connect it via USB to my computer, but that might be a Windows 8.1 related issue.

$100 is a steal lol. The guy doesn't know if it was reset or not. It appears to be in excellent condition with it even including the edge decal... maybe it was never used, wishful thinking haha. Nice to see another blue f150 from PA btw
Old 03-13-2014, 04:57 PM
Black & Chrome

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Chad81
Just updated mine last week using Win 8.1
Old 03-13-2014, 10:46 PM
Bababoey970

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by bonez
Just updated mine last week using Win 8.1
Should I update mine? It's been working great i just don't know if I should update it. Last time I updated was last year.
Old 03-14-2014, 09:14 AM
TOTM November 2019

Received 11,600 Likes on 6,204 Posts

I would update every year at least, Edge is always tweaking the software.
Old 03-14-2014, 10:33 AM

Received 87 Likes on 80 Posts

I paid $175 through a forum member as well. I had the issue where mine won't update with Windows 7 as well. Tried a few different times and a few different suggestions from forum members with no luck.
Old 03-14-2014, 10:57 AM
MGD
former member

Received 856 Likes on 613 Posts

Hi.

First - congrats, Stringer! Here's hoping you have a MUCH better buying experience this time .

To be sure - ask the seller to hook it up to a pc with the usb cable to power it up. Have him take a screenshot - there should be a Level "0" displayed. It's not Vin-locked if it shows that. He does NOT need an F150 to do it, lol! He should absolutely agree to do this - it's a no-brainer. Otherwise, despite assurances, please be wary.

Now - if it's in working order, all you gotta do is just add another $180 for 3 custom tunes from PHP and you'll Really have something

BTW - fellers - Bubba's General Rule of Updating: If yall buy a new or used device, certainly as a first step before first use, install the software on a Windows pc and proceed to check for/acquire any updates. After that, if the device is functioning as expected, DO NOT do it again for ****s&giggles, UNLESS specifically directed to by Edge (or PHP, or any other programmer manufacturer depending upon the specific brand of device ). Check the manufacturer's website for such directives ( SCT currently has one fer X3/SF3's, fer example ).

In other words - if it ain't broke, Don't 'fix' it. Or you may well end up with a bricked device.

Windows XP and up all work just fine. Ensure you have the latest version of the software - downloaded from the specific websites, NOT what came on any CD that was bundled with the device.

Meanwhile, while yer waiting - product page here ( install instructions, manual, etc ): http://www.edgeproducts.com/product.php?pk=90&pvk=277. Start readin', lol!

Software page here: http://www.edgeproducts.com/product_updates.php

Good luck, OP - please keep us updated. Thankee!

MGD

Last edited by MGD; 03-14-2014 at 11:11 AM.
Old 03-14-2014, 03:42 PM
Black & Chrome

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 06FX4Colorado
Should I update mine? It's been working great i just don't know if I should update it. Last time I updated was last year.
If it's working fine now, I would leave it be. Only reason I updated mine is because I just had my PCM flashed by Ford with some updates and I ended up with a code for a software incompatibility. I updated trying to alleviate this code.
Old 03-14-2014, 03:52 PM

Received 63 Likes on 60 Posts

I also got mine for $100 about two years ago. I saw the ad on Kijiji and thought "this has to be too good to be true", or it's someone who's programmed their truck and wants to flip it. I contacted the guy, said I'll take it, he responded and said it's yours. I met with him the next morning and he told me that since he woke up at 8am, and 9am when we met, he must have had about 100 calls. I asked him the story, he said he sold the truck and never did have a chance to use it (no joke, all in the original box, etc). I actually offered him more because I felt guilty and he said "that's what I listed it for". Usually I don't have that good of luck. Anyways, I've been using it since and it works great.

Quick Reply: Picked up an Edge Evo for $175