Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Performance tuners

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 02:25 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Default Performance tuners

i have a stock 2006 f150 xl. only mod is that i have a 2in leveling kit and im wanting to buy a tuner. What do you guys recommend? i have a Bullydog Watch dog but that doesnt do anything. I want something that can give me more power. I am planning on adding an exhaust and a cold air intake soon also any suggestions there?
Old 08-10-2010, 03:57 PM

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I would say IMHO that an edge evo is what would be best for most trucks. If you are modding your truck with exhaust and intake you have to consider the changes in your truck. It depends also on your budget. My next purchase after a few odds and ends will be an edge evo. I like the on dash display which tracks, mpg, intake temp, and a whole slue of crap. it has a speed changer due to tires etc. and will get rid of your speed limiter. but the feature I like the most is the boost of power and better mpg's.

I went with a single in/dual out flomaster 40 series because I didn't want to mess with my warranty. Looking back I wish I would of just gone with the dual in/dual out set up and said screw it.

the intake, i think a gott's mod is perfect because it cost about 20 bucks and maintains the use of the fender instead of the hot air from the engine bay.

I have a 2007 f150.
Old 08-12-2010, 01:57 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the Diablosport Predator on my F150 and one on our Mustang and love them.No issues with either and they can be dyno tuned and set up with programs written by shops for your bolt ons.Actually there are many canned tunes for many of the major brand CAI using 87 and 91-93 octane fuels..
Old 08-12-2010, 03:23 AM
ford till I die

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have the edge evolution and i like it alot
Old 08-12-2010, 06:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a set of custom tunes, and a superchips. My superchips was nice and I felt a little difference but IMO you cannot compete with a custom tune. I have mine from VMP Tuning, they use an SCT X3 Tuner and make their own tunes. I felt a huge difference in shift strength, throttle response, and even a good amount in gas mileage. The guys name at vmp is justin, and he has great tech support too. If your getting a tune, Id def recommend a custom tune over a canned tune.
Old 08-13-2010, 12:15 AM
Mustang Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SCT is the best tuning equipment on the market. Diablosport is a close second. If you want something with simple parameters and decent canned tunes, a lot of guys like the edge.

Quick Reply: Performance tuners