Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

p0402 code

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2016, 11:33 PM
built ford tough

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Default p0402 code

hi guys, I have a 2006 f150 4.6L and have been having an issue with leaking injectors, I had my truck parked for a few weeks because ive heard some bad stories about driving the truck and having the motor hydro lock due to the leaking injector, the other day i changed all 8 injectors and now it starts when its warm with no issues, i just today got a p0402 code which is excessive exhuast flow, now the part number on the injectors were different then the ones that came out, i didnt think anything of it because i really need the truck for work so i was kind of excited just to get it running, could that cause this code? or do you guys think its just a coincidence , ive never changed the egr valve or anything either, truck has 110k (miles)
Old 05-15-2016, 09:56 PM

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

Default Had that code

Originally Posted by eastyorkbmx
hi guys, I have a 2006 f150 4.6L and have been having an issue with leaking injectors, I had my truck parked for a few weeks because ive heard some bad stories about driving the truck and having the motor hydro lock due to the leaking injector, the other day i changed all 8 injectors and now it starts when its warm with no issues, i just today got a p0402 code which is excessive exhuast flow, now the part number on the injectors were different then the ones that came out, i didnt think anything of it because i really need the truck for work so i was kind of excited just to get it running, could that cause this code? or do you guys think its just a coincidence , ive never changed the egr valve or anything either, truck has 110k (miles)

and changed the O2 sensors on each side front and back and the code went away.
Old 05-15-2016, 10:13 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by eastyorkbmx
there is a recall on those injectors. apparently its not talked about too much

Quick Reply: p0402 code