Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Ordered my '08...now time for options!

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 07:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ordered my '08...now time for options!

I put an order in for a 2008 SCREW FX4 last night. I won't get the truck until May, but i am already thinking of options.
As I left the dealer, I continued to debate getting the OEM navigation system or not. I did get all the stereo upgrades and the sirius receiver. Anyone have the nav system? How do you like it? If I get some good inputs, I still have time to order it.
I'm going to want a bed extender. Couldn't get the factory bed extender on the order (mine is the 6.5' bed). What do you guys like? I wish they offered one like the put in the Superduty's.
I ran a Can-Bak canvas truck topper on my 2001 F-250. I thought it was great, but they are pricey. It did hold up really well after 4 years of use. Recently, I found a new product called the Softopper. It is about half the price and looks really well engineered. I was wondering if any one had one and could do a review?
Thanks in advance.
-Ken
Old 12-15-2007, 09:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the NAV in my 07 Lariat and love it. I do a lot of traveling to other states for my daughters travel softball team and have found it to be invaluble. I have used a portable Garmin in the past and the OEM unit is far superior and easy to use. It also interfaces with the stereo controls nicley. They may have the new SYNC system available for next year which uses voice commands and will link up to your cell phone. Good luck with your new ride.
Old 12-16-2007, 04:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another question about the nav system: since it is DVD based, can you watch a DVD movie on it?

Thanks,
Ken

Quick Reply: Ordered my '08...now time for options!