Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

One or Two row Radiator

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2015, 07:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default One or Two row Radiator

Hello, I have a 2006 F150 4.6 V8 2WD that I am currently in the process of repairing due to front end damage. I am ready to purchase my radiator and ac condenser, I already have a Trans cooler. I am doing repairs myself because men in this town cee an Itty bitty girl and try to take advantage, little do they know I'm a country girl to the core, I'll do it my damn self. Now I will admit my knowledge is limited as to whether I should install the one or two row radiator and will the current factory fan shroud be suitable to stay in place? I live in Lumberton, TX where it is sweltering, I also tow here and there. The usual moving and hauling when friends and fam remember "O she does have a truck". I drive pretty rough as I'm from Cheek, TX, good trails made by yours truly and fast because once I make it to the city of Beaumont it's like "here she comes everyone bunch up" , seemingly. I'm not dangerous or anything please don't miscontrue I just know how this place runs, quite predictable. Srry off the subject lol. Soooo about that radiator??
Old 09-10-2015, 07:04 PM

Received 394 Likes on 361 Posts

I would recommend a bigger radiator (more core) to help with maintaining a proper temperature. If you plan on towing, the bigger radiator will help. I would also recommend a full aluminum radiator vs the plastic and aluminum if possible. They aren't that hard to swap out or make fit correctly for different sizes. Just make sure the fins are free and clear of debri and not folded over. that will help the most.
Old 09-10-2015, 08:22 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I would recommend the bigger radiator as we'll as installing a dual electric fan setup like the 2010+ trucks have
Old 09-11-2015, 03:37 PM
FX4RoadWarrior

Received 493 Likes on 352 Posts

Got any pics of the damage?
Old 09-13-2015, 07:57 AM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by tanked_darren
I switched from the single core to the double core with zero fitment issues.
Old 09-13-2015, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by Manuellabour247
I would recommend a bigger radiator (more core) to help with maintaining a proper temperature. If you plan on towing, the bigger radiator will help. I would also recommend a full aluminum radiator vs the plastic and aluminum if possible. They aren't that hard to swap out or make fit correctly for different sizes. Just make sure the fins are free and clear of debri and not folded over. that will help the most.
I apologize for my late response. I also appreciate your response and knowledge. I am currently waiting on a two row that should be here by noon Monday.
Old 09-13-2015, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by tanked_darren

My radiator is still in because I'm waiting on the transmission line disconnect tool which should be here Tues. I removed my air filter to make room for changing spark plugs. Trying to tackle all the small things while all the big stuff is outta the way. Doin' what I know.
Old 09-13-2015, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by Neptunescab
I would recommend the bigger radiator as we'll as installing a dual electric fan setup like the 2010+ trucks have
While I have done my research and it is on my wish list. I don't possess the funds for a professional nor do I have the knowledge to do it myself or the funds to purchase it. I'm barely making it with these repairs but it's my baby and he never fails me despite the rough patches we've been through lol. This truck and I have stories for days.
Old 09-13-2015, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by Manuellabour247

I purchased this radiator from eBay for $91.69. It's a Lazaro aluminum radiator 2 row. I would've purchased locally but prices are ridiculous here. The only place that I truly trust didn't have any which isn't a problem because they have everything else I need and the owner's daughter is really polite and relates so I'm getting a good bit of help, any knowledge is accepted and appreciated.
Old 09-14-2015, 12:37 AM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by TLandry

While I have done my research and it is on my wish list. I don't possess the funds for a professional nor do I have the knowledge to do it myself or the funds to purchase it. I'm barely making it with these repairs but it's my baby and he never fails me despite the rough patches we've been through lol. This truck and I have stories for days.
Well i went with pro comp fans and controller and its a well worth mod albeit a bit pricy i should hopefully have a write up in a week or 2 if your interested

Quick Reply: One or Two row Radiator