Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Okay, Attention Boys and Girls

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 08:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Okay, Attention Boys and Girls

I just ordered Kreen.. for my 2004 F150 FX4 5.4... I'm going to see how well this stuff works... The guys that put my engine in was a junk yard engine and they didn't clean it and I'm getting Low performance and bunking and codes such as misfiring from "sludge" so ford says... and saying that I need a new engine.. okay.. yeah right... Engine has 115,000 on it and I think the VCT Solenoids are... full of "sludge" which I plan on replacing too with the following seals. Any Tips and Tricks with the use of kreen or the job for the solenoids it will be much help needed just in case i'll miss a step... and I will do my best for Before and after Pictures... Thanks.
Old 09-02-2012, 08:49 PM

Received 165 Likes on 69 Posts

Change the solenoids and pop a valve cover off to see what is actually there. If it isn't a true sludge problem then no additive will help. That said, Kreen is one of the best cleaners out there. 3 oz per quart and be sure to do short change intervals. Cut open pictures of the filter would be awesome too.
The following users liked this post:
lvledFX4 (09-03-2012)
Old 09-20-2012, 02:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright Alright.... My VCT Solenoid experience.... short story anyways... My truck is throwing the current codes P0316, P0306, and P0175 and I just replaced the Soleniods thinking that it'll fix the misfiring, well I believe it did and I beileve that it fixed all the codes but i'm going to take it ford and let them do a graph test and see if the cam sensor is really going bad or what ever but... here is the pictures of the solenoids let me know what you think I also got on the gas after the the new soleniods and it almost seemed like it didn't want to shift or... something... maybe i'm to scared to let it shift on it's own because since i bought the truck its been messed up... luckly the first engine blew under warranty...
Old 01-10-2013, 03:59 PM

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts

So any updates for this thread???

Quick Reply: Okay, Attention Boys and Girls