Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Oil Pressure Problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2014, 11:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Oil Pressure Problem

Okay, so my truck has been doing this thing lately where the oil pressure gauge drops completely when slowing down or coming to a stop, and then as soon as I start to accelerate it jumps back up to its normal position slightly over the halfway point. It is happening more and more frequently now and is starting to worry me because I know oil pressure is an important thing especially with our trucks. I read in another thread a while back that a big reason for cam phaser failure is a lack of receiving enough oil. I had my phasers replaced twice, the last time being a while back and haven't had any issues with them so far and I DO NOT want to deal with the expensive repair again. Ive noticed a very faint ticking noise when I start my truck lately and I want to nip this problem in the bud before it gets worse. Any advice or ideas on what is causing my oil pressure problem or what components that supply oil to the phasers that may go bad and need replaced is greatly appreciated.
Old 12-10-2014, 11:47 AM
Ford Man

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Does it drop when idling and not slowing down or just when decelerating? I assume you have verified the oil level. The dash gauge is not actually a gauge it is either on or off and I believe I read it's @ 10-15 psi where it goes to zero. If oil level is OK its probably the oil pump or oil pickup.(oil shifts forward when slowing, oil pickup sucks air)
Old 12-10-2014, 12:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It happens when its at idle too, and yes the oil level is ok i just changed it

Quick Reply: Oil Pressure Problem