Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

off the line performance

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 06:30 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Default off the line performance

I notice since day one when i got my truck that when i put my foot to the floor from a dead stop, it seems to take a second or two before the truck starts to move, part throttle the truck is responsive. I know that these trucks are kind of weak on the low speed acceleration. Mods i have done to my truck include intake, cat back exhaust, e-fans, and diablo preditor tuner. My truck is an 04 xlt 4wd extended cab with the 4.6. stock gearing at this point. Any suggestions why it seems to have the hesitation at the low end. I drove my co workers who has an 07 with the same motor and his seems much more lively off the line same gearing as well.

Thanks
Old 01-07-2011, 06:34 PM
poopin.....on this thread

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

it could be that you need to do something with you TPS to make sure it is working properly. also he could have different gearing than you. I have the 3.73LS and if I punch turning a corner both tires will spin like hell.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default throttle respose

Some fella on here had a thread about resetting your throttle. You turn the key on then depress the pedal very slowly then let off quickly or something like that, then turn key off, then repeat. Anyway, search it and see if you find it. Several ppl here claimed it "woke" their truck up big time... Best of luck.
Old 01-07-2011, 10:52 PM

Thanks for the input, i am going to see if i can find that throttle thread. gwilliams38, if you happen to come across that particular thread, pm me the link if you do not mind.
Old 01-07-2011, 11:11 PM
FORD...is there another?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gwilliams38
Some fella on here had a thread about resetting your throttle. You turn the key on then depress the pedal very slowly then let off quickly or something like that, then turn key off, then repeat. Anyway, search it and see if you find it. Several ppl here claimed it "woke" their truck up big time... Best of luck.
Same here...if you find it please share. I would be interested to know if this works.
Old 01-08-2011, 12:00 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm confused..........

3 years ago if he had asked this question everyone would have jumped on the fact that Fords 'fly by wire' was junk...........and that's where the hesitation is coming from.

Did you buy the truck used with the tuner already installed? Or did you buy it new or used without the tuner?

I ask because my '04 had the same issue. Bought my Edge and that hesitation went away.............
Old 01-09-2011, 06:05 PM

I bought the truck used with 25k on it may 2009. It did not have a tuner at that time. The tuner does help with the lag. However the lag is still there like it takes a second for the fly by wire to send the signal to the throttle. It also down shifts slow even with the tuner. I posted a question similar to the one i have on the diablo sport website to see if someone has a custom tune to solve the problem or part of it. I tried the resetting the throttle via the "diamond bird" way but with no such luck. still the lag

here is the website i found out the "diamond bird" way if anyone is interested.

http://www.f150online.com/forums/200...esponse-4.html
Old 01-09-2011, 06:17 PM
Offshore Poster

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Foot to the floor from a dead stop since you bought the truck???...that's what makes buying used trucks a bitch. Never know what crap the previous owner did.
Old 01-09-2011, 06:31 PM

Actually i knew the guy who i bought it from and he drove it like a grandpa, guy was late 60 or early 70's...he put only 25k on the truck in the five years he had it. i put 25k on the truck in in about not even two years. The when you drive normally the lag is not really a problem. It is when i gotta really mash the pedal to move the beast in a hurry she takes a second before she goes...its basically like hard acceleration from a dead stop/passing, second goes by, trucks takes off like a bat out of hell. part throttle is accelerate=goes right away.
Old 01-09-2011, 10:51 PM

Received 111 Likes on 59 Posts

I think he was referring to people like you who seemingly drive their truck like a race car. You never know if they guy who owned the truck before the next guy drove the truck like you do.

Quick Reply: off the line performance