Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Odd Issues...

Old 05-26-2012, 11:01 PM
PLATINUM

Received 241 Likes on 144 Posts

Default Odd Issues...

So 3 days ago on the way home, I noticed my left signal blinking fast, I get home, check every bulb...and everything tested fine. I then hook up my trailer, lights and load my mower go down the road, and the blinker is fine. I unload the trailer, drive on the highway, set my cruise, hit my right blinker, and it shuts off..and here comes the fast left blinker. Hooked the trailer up today to help the wifes parents, remove, and its magically fixed even without the trailer.. WTF?>

Also got the oil changed, and the past 3 times, I have been 1/2 quart low, no leaks, so i assume it is getting burnt? Keep in mind, I do semi syn every 3,000 mi, its overkill but I am **** retentive.

Also noticing at idle, and turning the wheel, sometime it jerks and pulses, like the truck is fighting me some what...

Truck is my 2005 King Ranch 5.4L With s&B CAI, Edge Evo, Borla Catback on tranny tune. I am taking it in this week as my warranty is expiring, but I need to know which issues, I need to really press and have fixed, and an idea of what is going on, I will be removing the edge prior to going in.
Old 05-27-2012, 12:06 PM
PLATINUM

Received 241 Likes on 144 Posts

Anyone?
Old 05-27-2012, 12:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You either have a bad ground in the bulb or bad connection from bulb to connector. Had same issue on a previous vehicle and couldn't find it until I decided to swap bulbs. I would check in the tail light first, seeing you are having a problem with cruise control.
Old 05-27-2012, 12:56 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dykzeulb
So 3 days ago on the way home, I noticed my left signal blinking fast, I get home, check every bulb...and everything tested fine. I then hook up my trailer, lights and load my mower go down the road, and the blinker is fine. I unload the trailer, drive on the highway, set my cruise, hit my right blinker, and it shuts off..and here comes the fast left blinker. Hooked the trailer up today to help the wifes parents, remove, and its magically fixed even without the trailer.. WTF?>

Also got the oil changed, and the past 3 times, I have been 1/2 quart low, no leaks, so i assume it is getting burnt? Keep in mind, I do semi syn every 3,000 mi, its overkill but I am **** retentive.

Also noticing at idle, and turning the wheel, sometime it jerks and pulses, like the truck is fighting me some what...

Truck is my 2005 King Ranch 5.4L With s&B CAI, Edge Evo, Borla Catback on tranny tune. I am taking it in this week as my warranty is expiring, but I need to know which issues, I need to really press and have fixed, and an idea of what is going on, I will be removing the edge prior to going in.
Maybe a loose bulb, or a bad ground. If you change the oil filter you will run half a quart low, as that half quart is retained in the oil filter. the jerk and pulsing is just feedback from the power steering pump, along with vibrations from the tires rubbing on the ground, nothing to fear there. If it is under warranty get your money's worth, have them check it pillar to post, stem to stern.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Odd Issues...