Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

New Viper Alarm 5902 HD Color LCD Alarm: Install date set for this Thursday! 8am

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 09:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking New Viper Alarm 5902 HD Color LCD Alarm: Install date set for this Thursday! 8am

Ok I can do Alarms..but I hate it! Too much time and I'd rather pay a pro do it. I have set up to have the newest Viper 5902 HD installed Thursday.

Looks like it's going to run $1,000 out the door for the following installed

1. Viper 5902 HD Alarm/Remote start
2. Viper Battery Backup Siren
3. Window Roll up module for Front windows and the Rear sliding glass(I didn't think I needed roll down. I had it on my Acura and mostly I just rolled them up. Also I almost never roll the rear windows down so I didn't think it was necessary to have them wired)
4. Viper Electro-Luminescent Indicator

After BestBuy's exclusive contract with Viper is up in the next week or so I'm going to have my installer do the Smart Start module so I can start my truck from my iPhone! I've heard pro's and cons on the Smart Start. Looks like the main problem is with Viper Customer Support! I hear they suck!

So here is my break down.
Retail

System $800.00
Pats Override for remote start $100.00
Window Roll up modules $200.00
Battery backup Siren $80.00
Viper Electro-Luminescent Indicator $30.00

so total retail not installed would be 1210.00
I'm getting it installed for $1000.00

I had another shop quote me $1000.00 and that was without the window roll up and the other options.

I'll take pics and even a demo video.
Here is some pics of the system I'm talking about.
http://www.viper.com/P-5902V/Viper-5...e-Start-System

This will be my last mod for awhile! I am going to have a pic posting soon of all the things I've done to my truck recently. I think you guys will enjoy it.

Let me know if anyone has this system already and what their thoughts are.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:15 AM

I cant wait to see the pics and the video. I am considering the same viper system so seeing it on your truck will really help with my decision.
Old 11-08-2009, 05:40 PM

Sounds like an interesting system...I hope they have gotten better since I had mine installed. It works just fine but what I never liked about it is if the remote is in my pocket and I lean against something within range the doors lock and unlock and it has started.
Old 11-08-2009, 07:25 PM

Received 120 Likes on 97 Posts

The price is whoofta.... I couldn't do that!
Old 11-08-2009, 07:36 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i have the viper 5901 and i love it! of the three DEI products and one autopage that I have had over the past few years, this one is by far the best.
Old 11-09-2009, 12:45 AM
Est Ars Vitae

Def would get another module to do the down on the windows, have both up and down setup on mine worth it imo. Went with a Prestige unit, all the bells and whistles compared to a viper system, remote start, up/down window modules.Plus you have to firmly push on the buttons to get it do do anything so far no mishaps with windows rolling down or truck starting on accident. Def a plus to the overall setup on the truck. Plus i think you can add 5-6 more functions to the unit.

We're working on setting up the tonneau cover to open and close remotely by adding it as a function on the alarm system remote.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:31 AM

Well it's installed. I like it ok. Actually my remote has a key lock so you have to press a sequence of 2 buttons before it unlocks the keys. So pressing them accidentally is near impossible. I decided on the window up only because I don't need to roll windows down if I'm starting my truck. However I do miss rolling windows down to grab objects from the back seat. That would be cool. Maybe in the near future. The rear sliding window closes automatically and that's pretty cool. Ok here is my pros and cons

Pros-
1.HD remote is easy to use and colorful
2.Long range.
3.Temperature request function is cool
4.Will start truck when it gets above 100 deg or below 50 deg. You can set it at any temp. Whole numbers only.
5.Battery backup alarm siren is a must. When fuse blew for the alarm the siren still went off! Sweet

Cons
1.Remote is slightly larger than I expected and seem fragile. I still haven't taken off the plastic over the screen
2.Has clock built in to remote but you can't set a scheduled time to start the truck. I could do this on my old alarm 7 years ago. It was nice to have it running in the morning 5 mins before I leave the house.
3.HD remote isn't notified by the alarm if another remote unlocks the truck. So if it's locked and I unlock it with my other viper remote..it doesn't let the 2 way remote know it was unlocked..that's crappy if you ask me.
4.Courtesy light causes the viper to think the door is open when you lock it until the light fades off. I'm not sure if there is a way to fix this or make the interior light fade with the viper alarm.

I'll post pics later..I just can't seem to find a sunny day or time to snap pics with my DLSR. Guess iphone cam will have to do.
Originally Posted by BJV269SS
Sounds like an interesting system...I hope they have gotten better since I had mine installed. It works just fine but what I never liked about it is if the remote is in my pocket and I lean against something within range the doors lock and unlock and it has started.

Last edited by 07WHIPPLE; 11-09-2009 at 10:34 AM.

Quick Reply: New Viper Alarm 5902 HD Color LCD Alarm: Install date set for this Thursday! 8am