Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

New Deck But Doesn't Stay On When Truck Turned Off

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2014, 09:56 PM

Received 98 Likes on 89 Posts

Default New Deck But Doesn't Stay On When Truck Turned Off

Just installed my new Kenwood DDX470 deck. I used a Matra harness. Soldered and heat shrinked every connection.

My old deck would stay on for probably 2-4 minutes after I turned the key to off. Now this deck turns off completely when I have the key removed and in the off position. Seems weird to me because it should still be getting power if the old one did. But I'm no expert in this kinda thing so maybe it has something to do with the hardware. Anyone got any ideas for me? Do I got a bad connection or is it just the way the deck functions (kills it after the ignition is off..)? Any gurus out there?
Old 01-12-2014, 10:07 PM

Received 55 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by corey_lax
Just installed my new Kenwood DDX470 deck. I used a Matra harness. Soldered and heat shrinked every connection. My old deck would stay on for probably 2-4 minutes after I turned the key to off. Now this deck turns off completely when I have the key removed and in the off position. Seems weird to me because it should still be getting power if the old one did. But I'm no expert in this kinda thing so maybe it has something to do with the hardware. Anyone got any ideas for me? Do I got a bad connection or is it just the way the deck functions (kills it after the ignition is off..)? Any gurus out there?
If its wired to the same wires, should work the same......Did you by chance have your door open when you turned the key off.... Reason I ask is I thought there was an issue when I did mine and it was because I left the door open (was excited to try it and turned the key off with the door open, then realized...doh!!!).
Old 01-12-2014, 10:19 PM

hmm you may be right. I did have the door ajar quite a bit. I will double check it later on as I was getting in and out for running the microphone.
Old 01-13-2014, 12:40 AM

Yup you were right. Thanks! I thought I had my door shut enough to latch but I guess it didn't count. Everything is working good now.
Old 01-13-2014, 04:52 AM

Received 55 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by corey_lax
Yup you were right. Thanks! I thought I had my door shut enough to latch but I guess it didn't count. Everything is working good now.
:thumbs up:

Quick Reply: New Deck But Doesn't Stay On When Truck Turned Off