Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Need help with reverse sensors

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2014, 10:05 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Have a 05 lariat and my reverse sensors are not working, I have tried searching for the answer with no luck. within a couple of seconds of being in reverse the "off" light comes on. I ordered new ones but the far right one still isn't working. I can confirm the sensors themselves work. I don't see any problems with the wiring and the loom looks intact too. Does the module go bad and make only one sensor not work or should I be looking for something else. If I test with a multimeter, what should I get? Thanks for the help ( the little Prius behind me when I'm parking thanks you too )

Last edited by screw05; 02-15-2014 at 06:36 PM.
Old 06-18-2014, 02:58 PM

I finally had time to troubleshoot my problem. I have voltage right behind my sensor connector but not at the pins that plug into the sensor. I tried wiggling the wires and cleaning the pins ( there was a little corrosion on the + pin ) with no success. I am having a hard time trying to locate a connector. The dealership want to sell me a whole new harness, not available at the parts store, can't find a connector online and junk yards are saying they don't have vehicles with reverse sensors.
Can anyone help me with where I can find a replacement connector?
Thanks
Old 06-18-2014, 08:38 PM

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

Not sure if this will help, but turn your truck to the on position without starting it, put your truck in reverse, set the parking brake, and go put your ear to each sensor, they should be making a 'clicking' noise, if one is not, that is the faulty one.

You might know this seeing as you said the far right was the one, just figured I would throw it up there just in case.

On mine, the wire had gotten stuck behind the bumper bracket, same one, far right, and split the wire, the insulation was still intact but when I felt the wire you could feel it split inside. Quick splice and I was set, hopefully this is the case, hope this helps!
Old 06-25-2014, 01:58 PM

Update. I located a connector online ( by searching the part number on the connector itself ) and the only one I could find was for an Audi TT. It looked the same as mine and was $12 shipped to me and thought it was worth a try, just got it the other day spliced it in and now they work again.

Last edited by screw05; 06-25-2014 at 02:22 PM.

Quick Reply: Need help with reverse sensors