Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

My Truck

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 04:46 PM
Big Enuf?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default My Truck

Picked up my 04 Lariat last week, its in PERFECT shape. as far as I can tell it has never seen much if any mud. THe guy i bought it from is the original owner and took hella care of the truck. I talked to him last night (after reading page after page of spark plug horror stories) and he said he had never had the plugs changed. all other routine maintenance was done), so Im gonna be doin some self-checking and fixing tomorrow, starting with the plugs, tranny flush, check the fluid in the diffs, and I ordered that vacuum solenoid that has the cover today. Ive read pretty much every thread I can find on stuff to look out for, but Im pretty sure as nice as this truck still is I dont have much to worry about. I'll keep yall updated, but if you have any other advice or things to look for let me know. this is the only pic of the truck Ive taken so far, but Ill get some dirty pics up hopefully thi weekend

Old 04-13-2010, 04:54 PM
BLOWN club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

looks good man, congrats!
Old 04-13-2010, 05:11 PM
Big Enuf?

thanks, Im embarrassed to take too many pictures because of how clean it is. If I dropped a piece of my sandwich anywhere under the hood, I would lick it off without even thinking twice about it
Old 04-13-2010, 05:17 PM
BLOWN club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

lol thats funny, its been 3 weeks since mines been washed and i took it off a paved road to the campsite for a meet so its really dirty i hate it lol it needs to be washed badly
Old 04-13-2010, 05:17 PM
NashBulldawg

Have fun with it.... Sorry if i scared you with all my spark[plug rants. I'd get them changed ASAP.
Old 04-13-2010, 05:26 PM
Big Enuf?

I didnt really get scared, I just cant believe that they would use that ****ty of a product. the person helping me do mine just did one yesterday and only broke one, so we'll see what happens
Old 04-14-2010, 11:03 PM
Big Enuf?

Plug 1...broke
Plug 2...broke
Plug 3...broke...at this point Im like **** my life
Plugs 4-8...no problem

so all in all, it wasnt too bad, the three that broke were up front, no problems pulling them out. also had the tranny flushed, new pads up front with rotors turned...truck rides great now. gonna really test it this weekend
Old 04-14-2010, 11:08 PM
Big Enuf?

oh yeah, Im also getting some shutter (almost feels like wheel hop) when I accelerate especially while turning. my cousin (also my mechanic) said adding some friction modifier in the rear diff should solve the problem. Im gonna do this tomorrow,but wanna see if anyone else had the same issue and if this worked

I also have 3 bottles of Royal Purple diff fluid Im gonna be adding in with it, and Im planning on takin it to a lube shop so they can drain the front and refill it with the RP...good idea?

Quick Reply: My Truck