Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Multiple codes, I need help

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2024, 07:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Multiple codes, I need help

2007 f150 5.4 fx4 254,000 miles
Ive had this truck for little over 5 months now, nothing but a money pit. I bought the truck with 252,xxx miles and instantly changes the spark plugs and coils. i had a friend get stuck and pulled him out, when I got home I had a cylinder 1 misfire. pulled the spark plug out and replaced it with an OEM Motorcraft plug, it fixed the problem until I smelt fuel while working. looking for the problem I found an injector was leaking, I pulled all injectors and fuel rail out and cleaned all of them. before taking them out I was forced to remove the throttle body. upon putting everything back together I ran the code scanner one more time to be sure and threw 13 codes!
P0207- bad injector, an open or short connection
P0300- worn spark plugs
P0301- misfire in cylinder 1
P0304- misfire in cylinder 4
P0307- misfire in cylinder 7
P0207- resistance from the injector
P0223- throttle position sensor
P2110- failures in the throttle actuator control
P0122- Throttle Pedal Position Sensor
P0193- Low fuel pressure
Please let me know what you guys think and what I should do
My fuel gauge also bugs out reading full them empty, I have replaced the fuel pump, fuel pump driver module, and fuel filter and cleaned all connections.
Old 02-20-2024, 08:13 PM

Received 88 Likes on 85 Posts

A P0300 is a code set when cylinder(s) on the engine misfire enough to cross a threshold. Although it could be worn spark plugs, this is not what the code means. Also, you getting misfires on both banks for multiple cylinders which tells me that there is something going wrong on the engine and not individual cylinders.

Just some history questions that may help diagnostics.
  1. When you replaced the coils, did you use OEM? Did that include boots and springs? Did you put dielectric grease in the end?
  2. When you replaced spark plugs, did you use a torque wrench and torque to 25-28 ft lbs? (Raw gas smell is the number one symptom of non torqued spark plugs in the 5.4)
  3. After replacing throttle body, did you reset KAM and then do a throttle relearn?
Since you can read the codes, can you read live data and look at fuel rail pressure?
Old 02-21-2024, 05:56 AM
Mark

Received 2,431 Likes on 2,129 Posts

sounds like someone was laying in the engine bay mashing connectors. Did the throttle body get cleaned ? what brand plugs were installed ? most aftermarket coils suck !
Old 02-22-2024, 04:31 AM

Received 455 Likes on 386 Posts

Whenever you have a rash of codes
First thing is write them all down, then clear the codes and retest
I agree, someone in testing caused a few of those codes
Those throttle position sensor codes need to be looked into
And possibly a tune up is needed
I would verify the resistance of a few of the injectors (common solenoid failure)
I would manually fire and test a few of the injectors with a fuel pressure gauge on the truck to monitor the fuel pressure drop as you do that

Quick Reply: Multiple codes, I need help