Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Mr. Lube idiots

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2013, 06:13 PM
Project White Fang

Received 262 Likes on 222 Posts

Default Mr. Lube idiots

I go to mr lube to get oil changes, this time they changed my fuel filter too. Few days later go to start my truck gas starts pouring everywhere in the parking lot after working a 12hr nighshift. They ended up fixing it and giving me a 20$ coupon for them & a free oil Change which is useless to me since I don't want to go to them Anymore now. Such a **** off & the guy was an *** too. Thinking of emailing corporate but ya watch out at mr lube my fellow Canadians.
Old 10-20-2013, 06:37 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I had my truck at a tire shop and they used an impact on the plastic lugs on the little cover for my actual lugs.
The following users liked this post:
corey_lax (10-20-2013)
Old 10-20-2013, 06:43 PM
Project White Fang

Originally Posted by DkBlueFX4
I had my truck at a tire shop and they used an impact on the plastic lugs on the little cover for my actual lugs.
Lol wow just wow
Old 10-20-2013, 08:43 PM

Received 98 Likes on 89 Posts

Sooooo Funny!!!! Hahahahaha

And to OP, it's a rip off at Mr. Lube or any of those places. In Canada, they charge you $60-80 for an oil change and that is with using the generic brand of conventional oil and a generic filter that isn't worth its weight in horse ****.

If you have zero mechanical ability, watch some YouTube videos of people doing oil changes to the F150. Buy yourself $30 worth of supplied (drain pan, funnel, rags, cheap socket set). You will pay this stuff off in one oil change. It won't be hard for a novice after you've done one oil change. Get a buddy to help you the first go around if you don't know.

Also, Canadian Tire takes the used oil and filter back. They have racks outside that you just drop it off.
Old 10-20-2013, 09:31 PM
Project White Fang

Originally Posted by corey_lax
Sooooo Funny!!!! Hahahahaha

And to OP, it's a rip off at Mr. Lube or any of those places. In Canada, they charge you $60-80 for an oil change and that is with using the generic brand of conventional oil and a generic filter that isn't worth its weight in horse ****.

If you have zero mechanical ability, watch some YouTube videos of people doing oil changes to the F150. Buy yourself $30 worth of supplied (drain pan, funnel, rags, cheap socket set). You will pay this stuff off in one oil change. It won't be hard for a novice after you've done one oil change. Get a buddy to help you the first go around if you don't know.

Also, Canadian Tire takes the used oil and filter back. They have racks outside that you just drop it off.
Ya I will start doing it myself next summer. I don't have a garage to do it in during winter and no way I'm doing it in the cold lol. Ill get a friend to help that always kept telling me to do it myself and now is rubbing this in my face lol, or ill look online. I do my oil changes on my yamaha raptor 700, so I'm sure it's not much more difficult on the truck.

I had no idea Canadian tire kept old oil, good to know I have a few jugs of old oil from the quad. Normally give it to my gfs dad & he disposes of it but keep forgetting to bring it out when I visit lol.
Old 10-21-2013, 12:06 AM

Received 63 Likes on 60 Posts

When I lived in Richmond, BC, Canadian Tire would take old oil... here in Alberta they won't (or at least in Edmonton - we have the ecostations). I think it varies between province honestly.

I believe with BC, the rule is if the place sells oil (and charges the enviro-fee), they also have to collect it. I could be wrong on that!
Old 10-21-2013, 10:49 AM

Received 522 Likes on 294 Posts

I did extensive research on the lube industry while in college. People just don't get it...they are enamored by the low price. "Why would I bother to change it myself when someone else will do it for cheaper than I can buy the oil for?" they say.

Well, this is why.

Oil changes are loss leaders for most facilities. They lure you in with the low price and try to sell you on other crap services that you don't need. This has proven to be a very successful model in a cut throat industry.
Old 10-21-2013, 02:03 PM

Received 68 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Black_Thunder
Ya I will start doing it myself next summer. I don't have a garage to do it in during winter and no way I'm doing it in the cold lol. Ill get a friend to help that always kept telling me to do it myself and now is rubbing this in my face lol, or ill look online. I do my oil changes on my yamaha raptor 700, so I'm sure it's not much more difficult on the truck.

I had no idea Canadian tire kept old oil, good to know I have a few jugs of old oil from the quad. Normally give it to my gfs dad & he disposes of it but keep forgetting to bring it out when I visit lol.
super easy to DIY on our trucks... I started doing mine 3 months ago and won't ever go again to a shop for it.... I switched to Mobil 1 full syn and was quoted $113 for oil and filter only...... bought the oil, filter and catch can for $63 and spent 20 minutes doing it myself.

Quick Reply: Mr. Lube idiots