Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

MPT vs 5star

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2014, 11:13 PM

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
Default MPT vs 5star

So here's my review on custom remote tunes from both companies.
Truck: 2008 F150 FX4 5.4L V8 75,000km
Engine mods: 85mm BBK throttle body, K&N CAI, gibsons shorty performance headers, Roush catback off-road dual rear exit exhaust.

I had the Edge CS tuner and it wasn't bad but wasn't enough power for me so I purchased the SCT X3 from 5star with a 91 octane performance tune. Tried it for a month and wasn't happy as there was extreme lag when I stomped on it. The edge stage 3 tune wouldn't even lag and that's a generic tune...

Reading loads of reviews and watching YouTube videos about MPT tuning I decided to try one of their performance tunes. Right off the hop I noticed when filling out the remote tune form they were asking way more questions and specs about my truck compared to 5star. I purchased the tune Sunday and had it emailed to me Thursday as promised. Loaded it and ripped around the city breaking it in and I have ZERO complaints

In conclusion, I would highly recommend MPT custom remote tuning for our trucks and visit their site for any other vehicles you own. Defiantly worth every dime I spent. Don't make the mistake I made with 5star.

Quick Reply: MPT vs 5star