Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Mods on 04 F150 FX4

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 08:06 PM
Formerly "ZCHPRO"

Received 35 Likes on 19 Posts

Default Mods on 04 F150 FX4

Hey guys I just bought an 04 f150 with FX4 package. It has absoutely no mods except the antenna for a cell booster stuck to the back of the window. I have some mods in mind and wanted to know what pros and cons everyone had about them.
Intake: Banks intake with super scoop
Exhaust: true duals made by a shop called mesa muffler with glasspacks and rolled tips rather than straight out the side.
Programmer: I was thinking edge because of its simplicity but it turns out you have to get higher octane for all the settings except one so I'm open to suggestions.
The Bed: For the bed I'm undecided as to whether to put a low profile toolbox, Undercover tonneau cover, or camper shell.
Any input on these mods and suggestions on what else to get would be appreciated.
Old 07-30-2010, 08:27 PM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by zchpro
Hey guys I just bought an 04 f150 with FX4 package. It has absoutely no mods except the antenna for a cell booster stuck to the back of the window. I have some mods in mind and wanted to know what pros and cons everyone had about them.
Intake: Banks intake with super scoop
Exhaust: true duals made by a shop called mesa muffler with glasspacks and rolled tips rather than straight out the side.
Programmer: I was thinking edge because of its simplicity but it turns out you have to get higher octane for all the settings except one so I'm open to suggestions.
The Bed: For the bed I'm undecided as to whether to put a low profile toolbox, Undercover tonneau cover, or camper shell.
Any input on these mods and suggestions on what else to get would be appreciated.
First off congrats on the truck.
Intake: IMO intakes are just more eye candy then anything, but if you want one then get one that has a enclose box for the filter opposed to and open system. Just be aware that some truck expirence a lean issue but not all of them.
Exhaust: Im not a huge fan of glasspacks but if thats the sounds your going for then do it. True duals will be kickass though. My favorite sounding system for our trucks is the MBRP kit.
Programmer: I have the edge as well and its pretty nice. I think with any programmer you are going to see a need for higher octane to achieve more power. With the intake you are considering and exhaust your might want to think about the gryphon as it can take custome tunes to compensate for that kinda stuff. people really like the superchips programmer as well and it can be had for cheaper then the above options i think.
The bed: i like the low profile tool boxes. i plan on getting on for my truck eventually, not a fan of any of the other options.
Old 07-30-2010, 10:01 PM
Formerly "ZCHPRO"

Received 35 Likes on 19 Posts

Thanks madeSICC
forgot to mention that I also want to get a leveling kit but not sure what the best buy is. I've seen strut spacers, someone said that you can crank the torsion bar also but I don't think this year has that capability does it?, and the last one I saw was the bilstein 5100 adjustable shocks and thats what I'm set on because it requires no retorquing after off roading or every 3000 miles like the spacer. Whats your opinion?

Anyone else have an opinion? I would really like to hear what you have to say.

Last edited by ProZach; 08-05-2010 at 05:19 AM.

Quick Reply: Mods on 04 F150 FX4