Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Mike Mashburn

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 09:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mike Mashburn

RimZone does not stand behind the product they sell. I purchased a set of wheels and tires from them back in June of 2009, by September, with only 1000miles on them and 2 months on my truck, I noticed the chrome on the wheels beginning to pit and flake. I contacted RimZone via phone and they said send us pictures and we will back the product. I sent the pictures and RimZone, owned by Mike Mashburn replied that it looked like buildup and I should try SOS pads or chrome polish. I tried both and the problem has only gotten worse. I again, recently called and emailed photos to RimZone, the following is the response I received:

Sir,
The wheels show excesive corosion due to being left with either road salt or brine treatment from adverse road conditions due to snow or ice. The vehicle shows it has rust on the brake rotors from sitting as well. If this type of road debris is left on chrome this is what will happen. We have been in business a very long time and can see what happens and why.

Thank you,

Mike Mashburn
Rimz One
1-800-710-9411
www.RimzOneOnline.com

This response is unacceptable and quite belligerent!!! Mike Mashburn cites road salt as the cause, MEANWHILE, I first identified the problem to them in September, long before the winter rolled in. It is SAD that RimZone cannot recognize the potential from online commerce and is willing to jeopardize reputation so ignorantly.

Great job Mike Mashburn!
-Another Unsatisfied Customer
Attached Images  
Old 03-21-2010, 09:52 AM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

This type of topic is permited on this forum, as long as it does not get ugly.

All of us can understand your frustration, and loss. However, there can be two sides to this story. Without allowing the other side to comment, it can become one sided.

I suggest you contact this vendor, point them to this thread, and allow them to comment. Perhaps it will get worked out to a fair settlement for both parties.

Last edited by Mod (Ret.); 03-22-2010 at 06:47 AM.
Old 03-21-2010, 10:25 AM
Administrator

Received 1,683 Likes on 588 Posts

Sucks to hear man. Where do you live that they could blame this on road salt? Most places are not using road salt anymore due to the corrosion factor alone. Most northern states have switched to sand.
Old 03-21-2010, 10:39 AM

how often did you clean them. I know a lot of wheel companies recommend cleaning every other day (in winter) and every week during good weather.
Old 03-21-2010, 10:47 AM
This picture scares you

As others stated in your other post, it appears that something corrosive was allowed to be on the rims... I would suggest if you want to take it further that you file a suit in small claims court and go from there.

I am sure this will just turn into a pissing match as it appears that you just signed up to this site to complain about this issue I do not see why it should stay.
Old 03-21-2010, 05:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you contacted the company that actually makes the wheels? They may be able to help you out in some sort of way. As far as RimZone realizing what the internet is worth to his business, I'm sure he does. The guy lives in my neighborhood and he used to sell only online, his garage was his warehouse until a few years ago when the homeowners assn. found out about it. It was then that he opened up a shop here in town and this is the first negative thing I have heard about him. Not saying that you are the only one with a complaint, but like I said the first I have heard. Hope everything works out for you, whether it is something the two of you figure out or the manufacturer. Good luck.

Last edited by lariat 04; 03-21-2010 at 05:48 PM. Reason: added to it
Old 03-21-2010, 08:08 PM
2020 Sport

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

It pisses me off to have trolls join forums for one reason and one reason only...To smash a company. We get one side and as EVERYONE knows there is 2 sides to every story. To sign up and make 2 post, both about the same BS, shows only me one thing:

You were not responsible enough to take care of your rims/tires and when you cried about it to the owner and they did not react as you think they should you decided to join dozens of forums and post BS about them.

Personally if some company had done me wrong a forum is the last place I would be. The first place would be small claims court.
Old 03-22-2010, 07:46 AM

lol i didn't even realize this was his first post. Thats kind of ****ty
Old 03-22-2010, 11:34 AM
BLOWN club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

idk but that looks horrible. i get pissed when i find little black speckles on my wheels after the dealer had my truck, atleast those came off.

Quick Reply: Mike Mashburn