Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Loss of power

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 07:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loss of power

Hey guys maybe somebody could help I'm out of ideas I had replaced the timing in my 04. 4.6 the guides where in pieces replaced all coils plugs and the plugs that go into the coils I replaced the fuel filter fuel pump and the water pump there was a lot of things wrong now my truck is like a pig on the take off up to 15 or 20 mph then it is ok check engine light came on said bank 1 and 2 lean so I was told the motor is getting to much air not enough fuel fuel pressure is good and check the vacuum and it holds right around 21 lbs is that right? I really don't know where to go from here any ideas ? Let me know if u need to know anything else I also changed the mass air flow sensor thanks for any help
Old 02-20-2012, 09:01 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Are you running an aftermarket intake? And also clean the throttle body up
Old 02-23-2012, 10:25 AM

Stock intake and I also cleaned the throttle body looks clean I might take it to ford tomm if I can't figure it out I would think something with intake since its saying to much air
Old 02-25-2012, 10:20 PM

Default loss of power issue still not fixed

So I took it to ford n paid another 300 for them to trouble shoot it and they came up with
The egr gasket intake casket and throttle body gasket so this was there suggestion after doing a smoke test so I break it all down clean everything and the everything was pretty dirty the truck does have 225 k so now everything is back in order and it stills feels like its holding back on the initial takeoff any ideas I have done almost everthing in this truck granted I'm not a mechanic so I just don't know where to go from here and Dec can't afford a mechanic at this point please help thanks
Old 02-26-2012, 02:59 PM

Default Loss of power

So I check the cats and that is not causing the issue should I check any sensors even know its not throwing any codes ?

Quick Reply: Loss of power