Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

The life of my fx4

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 07:19 PM
Nut up or shut up

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Default The life of my fx4

Okay so I moved from Fort Benning, GA to Fort Lewis, WA. Figured I would want a truck up here so I sold the old '01 F-150 supercrew before I left and spent about a week looking for a gorgeous machine I love to now call mine. A 2004 F-150 FX4 with 79k miles and well taken care of through the previous owners life. It was bought in Canada and stayed wth one owner until he sold it in Washington. Clean title/history. I actually finished signing the paperwork right as someone else came in to test drive it. I brought her home to the barracks.

Yes, it snowed that whole night. But not until I got out of the truck did it actually start -_-.

Here's it the next day after PT.

Completely stock at that point.

It didn't take more than 5 days for me to Plastidip my rims/emblems and add on some dual exhaust. Flowmaster 40 with 2 3" pipes straight out the back.

So about another week after I put on the exhaust, I started looking at parts on craigslist. Within minutes I found someone nearby who was selling his Saleen grill for $140. He happened to be selling the truck to the dealer and asked if he wanted to trade any stock parts for his aftermarket ones. He happened to have some Spyder black headlights with clear lenses with HID lights. I gave him mine plus 10 bucks for it. Great deal in my opinion. 8000k Headlights and 10000k fog lights. I also removed the plastidip from the emblems, didnt like it.

So the Saleen grill wouldnt install. Sigh, one of the 6 bolts on the upper lip was split, so I had to get that fixed. Took me about 3 days to get around to it. But it was worth it!. While I was at O'Reillys getting the tools to get the nut out, I found this lil cute thing.

And the grill finally attached!

Well that's it today, some of the current mods im thinking of are :

Tinting the tail lights
5% tinting all windows
2.5" level kit
275/60/20 Nitto Trail Grapplers(same tires I have now but bit bigger) with some form of new rims, not sure what yet
New hood
a 6'1" Kenwood or JVC radio deck
2009-2013 Ford F150 FX4 fender/tail gate emblems.

Any other tips?

Last edited by DemonicFX4; 01-10-2013 at 07:21 PM.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:54 PM
Built FORD Tough!

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Nice work so far! I like what you have planned also... I removed my leveling kit about a month or two ago and I'm going to get another one lol I can never make up my mind on what direction I want to go with my truck, but hell bent steel (hbs) is a great leveling kit company...
Also, where are your tow hooks???
Old 01-10-2013, 08:10 PM
Nut up or shut up

Originally Posted by Fx4-Michael
Nice work so far! I like what you have planned also... I removed my leveling kit about a month or two ago and I'm going to get another one lol I can never make up my mind on what direction I want to go with my truck, but hell bent steel (hbs) is a great leveling kit company...
Also, where are your tow hooks???
Thank you. I read your sig and you have another few things I was planning on but not as soon as some of the things I listed(weathertechs, the raptor grill lights, and some offroad lights on the grill. haha
Old 01-10-2013, 08:53 PM
Built FORD Tough!

Originally Posted by HighAngeledHell
Thank you. I read your sig and you have another few things I was planning on but not as soon as some of the things I listed(weathertechs, the raptor grill lights, and some offroad lights on the grill. haha
Once you catch the mod bug it never stops biting lol looks like you caught it lol
I got my weathertechs off Craigslist for $20 used and the raptor lights for $20 shipped from superbrightleds.com
Old 01-10-2013, 09:08 PM
Nut up or shut up

Once you catch the mod bug it never stops biting lol looks like you caught it lol
I got my weathertechs off Craigslist for $20 used and the raptor lights for $20 shipped from superbrightleds.com
do you have a link to the lights or know what theyre called?
Old 01-10-2013, 09:14 PM
Built FORD Tough!

They are the trailer light bar leds. Superbrightleds.com
Old 01-10-2013, 09:55 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Replace that saleen badge on the grill with this
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-FX4-Exp...sories&vxp=mtr
Old 01-11-2013, 02:07 AM
Nut up or shut up

Originally Posted by SLO281
Replace that saleen badge on the grill with this
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-FX4-Exp...sories&vxp=mtr
I spent all last night looking for this, thank you!. Is this just a sticker to put over the badge or a real badge?

They are the trailer light bar leds. Superbrightleds.com
I found this :

Seems like its the size/could work. Ill check into how to wire it before I buy though haha.

Last edited by DemonicFX4; 01-11-2013 at 02:19 AM.
Old 01-11-2013, 05:34 AM
Mark

Received 2,417 Likes on 2,118 Posts

Need to do something with the chrome step bars....
Old 01-11-2013, 06:55 AM

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Sweet lookin' ride! I like the FX4 package, and being black makes it even nicer, though I like my 2 tone too.

Good luck with your new truck!

Quick Reply: The life of my fx4