Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

leveling kit install

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 11:31 AM

Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts

Default leveling kit install

im getting my truck leveled in the front, would it be best to take it somewhere to level/align it right or should i just level it myself? i have no experience doing leveling kits at all, do you have any input or can let me know what kind of tools i need or speedbumps that have been run it to from people with similar truck as mine

2004 fx4 supercab f150

thanks
Old 09-20-2010, 12:36 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

install the kit yourself, but then you have to take it somewhere to get it aligned.
Old 09-20-2010, 01:03 PM
F150 on jooze

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You need a long breaker bar for the lower shock mount, when we did mine we used an old fence post lol
Old 09-20-2010, 01:54 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by streetassasin
You need a long breaker bar for the lower shock mount, when we did mine we used an old fence post lol
No kiddin... that sucker is on there TIGHT!

Basic tools needed. I would save cash and install yourself, and just drive to get it aligned. As long as you drive straight to get it done, you'll have no worries on tire wear.
Old 09-20-2010, 06:42 PM
Built Ford Tough

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lukewdavison
im getting my truck leveled in the front, would it be best to take it somewhere to level/align it right or should i just level it myself? i have no experience doing leveling kits at all, do you have any input or can let me know what kind of tools i need or speedbumps that have been run it to from people with similar truck as mine

2004 fx4 supercab f150

thanks
Same truck as yours, I put in a 2.5" HBS. Looks awesome! Took about 3 hours. 2 for the first side and 1 for the other since I already knew what/how to do it. My only snag was having to buy some sockets. You need a 27mm and 30mm socket to take off the lower strut mount (I only had the basic socket set that ends at 21mm). If you have a small socket set make sure you have a 21mm because you need it too. PB Blaster made it a world easier. Definitely get it aligned afterwards but save the money paying a shop to install it for you. Buy a friend a case of beer and enjoy the learning experience!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by arellialloy; 09-20-2010 at 07:08 PM. Reason: forgot the pic!
Old 09-20-2010, 07:13 PM

Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by arellialloy
Same truck as yours, I put in a 2.5" HBS. Looks awesome! Took about 3 hours. 2 for the first side and 1 for the other since I already knew what/how to do it. My only snag was having to buy some sockets. You need a 27mm and 30mm socket to take off the lower strut mount (I only had the basic socket set that ends at 21mm). If you have a small socket set make sure you have a 21mm because you need it too. PB Blaster made it a world easier. Definitely get it aligned afterwards but save the money paying a shop to install it for you. Buy a friend a case of beer and enjoy the learning experience!

wow that looks really good on there, your truck is nice.. and thanks for advice ill make sure i go buy those, ( i have barely any tools ) so i would rather spend moneyy and have the tools instead of paying labor costs
Old 09-20-2010, 11:07 PM
Built Ford Tough

Originally Posted by lukewdavison
wow that looks really good on there, your truck is nice.. and thanks for advice ill make sure i go buy those, ( i have barely any tools ) so i would rather spend moneyy and have the tools instead of paying labor costs
Thanks for the thumbs up. If you get HBS or AS level don't get any larger than 2.5" or you will need to replace you rear with larger blocks to keep it level. I haven't noticed much if any difference in handling. Then again it's no race car so I don't take corners fast. In the dirt and mud it handles the same. I forgot to mention, maybe invest in a breaking bar or something else as others have previously stated.

Trending Topics

Old 09-20-2010, 11:13 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

did mine myself in about 3.5 hours....i have general vehicle knowledge but this was my first time messing with suspension....i used 2.5 hbs on my 04 as well...deff worth the money!!
Old 09-20-2010, 11:16 PM
Built Ford Tough

Originally Posted by dgiancola
did mine myself in about 3.5 hours....i have general vehicle knowledge but this was my first time messing with suspension....i used 2.5 hbs on my 04 as well...deff worth the money!!
+1
Old 09-21-2010, 05:59 AM
Mark

Received 2,417 Likes on 2,118 Posts

Originally Posted by arellialloy

Now you need to buy your buddy another case of beer and have him steal you some tires and wheels...lol

Quick Reply: leveling kit install