Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Less Shake

Old 07-23-2015, 11:11 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Less Shake

As a new Ford owner within this segment. What can i do to minimize the shake I have when at a stop? I current have 2 new cars and obviously they don't shake as much as the truck. Is this normal for Ford trucks? The truck runs good, and the shaking isn't horrendous. I'd just like it a little more smooth at a light or stop sign. I recently changed the plugs/air filter/oil change. Is it something I can fix? It currently has about 173m miles on the odo. Opinions welcome Thanks!
Old 07-24-2015, 05:15 AM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

Originally Posted by 044x4F150
As a new Ford owner within this segment. What can i do to minimize the shake I have when at a stop? I current have 2 new cars and obviously they don't shake as much as the truck. Is this normal for Ford trucks? The truck runs good, and the shaking isn't horrendous. I'd just like it a little more smooth at a light or stop sign. I recently changed the plugs/air filter/oil change. Is it something I can fix? It currently has about 173m miles on the odo. Opinions welcome Thanks!
173m (million) miles? Wow, I'd shake a bit too if I had that many. Metric I assume.

Sounds like an idle issue. Try removing the throttle body and cleaning off the black soot off of its throttle plate. This is a known issue to cause a stumble in an idle. If you search it here (search throttle body), you'll find how easy it is to clean them. Be sure to use a can of throttle body cleaner, and not carb cleaner, as there is a protective coating on the plate that can be removed with the harsher chemicals used in carb cleaner.
Old 07-24-2015, 07:31 AM
Some guy

Received 2,011 Likes on 1,279 Posts

What have you already done to it, if anything? Bucko's definitely right. That stuff is super easy to do. Consider also not getting crappy gas, run something with polyetheramine through the fuel system, and maybe throw some Kreen into your oil. Standard stuff for any "new" (to me) vehicle and helps to breathe a little more life back into it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Less Shake