Leaking at fuel filter - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leaking at fuel filter

Old 05-17-2018, 11:18 PM

Default Leaking at fuel filter

So lately I hhave noticed a gasoline smell when the truck is parked so today I got under the truck and saw a drip at where the fuel line from the tank goes into the fuel filter , at 240 k miles I guess the connector has gone bad. There is a short section of fuel line about 24" or so there that has the fuel filter connector on one end and another quick connect on the other end. I have been trying all night to locate one of those but when I do a search its as if the 2005 f150 fuel lines dont even exist. Why cant I find this part?
Old 05-18-2018, 12:29 AM

I looked on Autozone real quick and saw a bunch of replacement connectors for your fuel line. Just cut the line where the leak is, fit a replacement line at length and attach your new connector. Replace fuel filter. Should cost you less than $40 and a couple hours time.
Old 05-18-2018, 07:04 AM

The fuel connector at the filter broke on mine as well... Just threw a zip ties around it and it's been fine for 10k miles... lol
Old 05-18-2018, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Pmoon View Post
So lately I hhave noticed a gasoline smell when the truck is parked so today I got under the truck and saw a drip at where the fuel line from the tank goes into the fuel filter , at 240 k miles I guess the connector has gone bad. There is a short section of fuel line about 24" or so there that has the fuel filter connector on one end and another quick connect on the other end. I have been trying all night to locate one of those but when I do a search its as if the 2005 f150 fuel lines dont even exist. Why cant I find this part?
I broke mine the first time replacing the filter. Picked up a pack of pink connectors at my local NAPA and after some scraping out of the old blue connector, it snapped in as easy as LEGO.

NAPA part number for reference: NOE 7306753
Old 05-25-2018, 10:21 AM

Default Update

I bought the part to splice a new connection on to the fuel line and a new filter, got under the truck and as I looked up at the filter I saw a tiny steem of fuel jetting out of a pinhole in the filter itself so it got me thinking that it could be a leaking filter rather than a connector (before this it appeared to be leaking directly out of the connection).
I changed the filter and no leaks so all is right with the world. Lousy place to put a filter though, I miss the one on my old powerstroke, right up on top of the engine, unscrew the top and drop in the new one, no mess no hassle.
Old 05-28-2018, 10:41 AM

How old was the Powerstroke? Starting in '99 they had a primary filter/water separator in the same vicinity as the filter on your '05 -150. Left frame rail under the driver's seat, and somewhat hidden behind a crossmember.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Leaking at fuel filter

Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: